Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Snipe not placed due to \"Auction Ended Early\" -

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josninety

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject: Snipe not placed due to \"Auction Ended Early\" - Reply with quote

Hi, I set a snipe on 114726767355 earlier, no bid was made by Gixen, auction ended unsold with no bids. Gixen showed "AUCTION ENDED EARLY". Thought this odd, but couldn't be certain whether it was a Gixen error, or the seller really did end the auction early, although if they did, it would have been very close to the end time.

Placed another snipe a few hours later on another item 294064552642 and exactly the same thing happened again.

I can't believe two different sellers ended their auctions early, so can only think it could be a timing issue with Gixen - could the clocks be wrong? I know daylight saving is ending soon in the UK?

Would really appreciate some feedback on this, as I now can't rely on Gixen for snipes...

Many thanks!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at it, and saw something weird - bid offset was specified as 0, so it looks like a bug in the web mobile interface, but one that happened only to you and (maybe) one more user.

I could not replicate the problem, but I added an additional check in the code to detect this happening in the future.

My apology about that - if you have any idea how this might have happened please let me know.
Josninety

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mario, thanks for the quick response and as always your work on the excellent app.

Tonight was the first time I’d used the mobile app in a while, and noticed there’d been an update, it all looked very different. There was also a strange message in red saying something like “there’s no point in having a bid offset less than six seconds etc etc” - almost like a tutorial or advice? I did go to settings to check what the offset was set at, used the drop down on Gixen Main which didn’t appear to have any time set - all the radio buttons were blank, except the very top one which had no number next to it. I selected 5, but when it went back to the settings I noticed the comment under the Default Bid Offset section which said the current default was 6 seconds, so I didn’t press the Update button, just went back to My Snipes.

I’ve noticed that red message is now no longer showing, so I presume that is due to whatever fix you have applied, which gives me some confidence. The items I missed out on weren’t particularly important, and both are still available so no harm done.

Thanks again for your help & hard work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.