Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

You are not eligible to bid on this item.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
baller12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject: You are not eligible to bid on this item. Reply with quote

I'm new to Gixen and made a few snipes for low cost items to get used to workings.

I wanted to use for an item that is hard to come by and of great value to me so set the snipe up but also was doing a manual snipe at the same time.

I executed my snipe at around 3 seconds and set the value ÂGBP 5 lower than the snipe set in Gixen.

My manual bid was for 450 and Gixen set at 455.

For some reason the Gixen bid did not execute, the error "You are not eligible to bid on this item."

I'm glad I was doing a manual backup just in case but wondered why this did not work.

Previously it had sniped 2 x items fine but were low cost (less than ÂGBP 5).

All items were UK sellers and only shipped to UK.

Was this potentially the value and the fact I checked my settings after and am defaulted to Country=United States.

I've changed that now to UK.

Should I also change the main/mirror eBay target sites to UK if using UK eBay?

The setting notes: "If you are not sure what these should be set to, leave it at its default values (United States), regardless of which country you reside in"

Could this of caused the fail snipe from Gixen, being sent to US eBay rather than UK ?

Thanks,
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, the target setting is unlikely to be the cause of this failure message.

However, if you do live in the UK and your shipping address is thus also in the UK, I'd recommend you do set your target sites to also be the UK.

Was the final price of the auction anywhere near the 450 that you bid ?

What was the auction number ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
To be honest, the target setting is unlikely to be the cause of this failure message.

However, if you do live in the UK and your shipping address is thus also in the UK, I'd recommend you do set your target sites to also be the UK.

Was the final price of the auction anywhere near the 450 that you bid ?

What was the auction number ?

Thanks Cupid -I'll change my target servers to UK.

No the final auction price was ÂGBP 276

I set the snipe bid on Gixen and mirror for ÂGBP 455.00

Due to the rarity of the item I also manually bid ÂGBP 450.00 at around the 3/2 second mark.

Item ID: 254871297109

Just to test the service before I committed to this item I used it to buy a few Bluray's, these are those items:

I've tried to compare and see no differences - all auctions look to only ship to the UK and we're fired to the USA servers. At the time my country was set to USA too - I've since changed that and the fire servers to UK.

Just wanted to try and get some confirmation if I did something wrong, if my settings were incorrect and get some confidence back for using gixen on future purchases.

It worked fine on the other items.

Only other things to mention, I was a long time eBay user but my account expired after 6.5 years of non use!

So it is a fairly new account, the bluray items were cheap (under ÂGBP 5) and I had no feedback then. But when this snipe went in for the higher price item I had a couple of positive feedback.

Wasn't sure if value and how young my account was - but it still wouldn't make sense I was able to place manually on the same account.

Thanks for your help!
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay does tend to impose limits on new accounts, especially when they don't have verification of identity and/or a payment method saved, like a credit card.

However, as you say that wouldn't explain how you were able to place a manual bid of a very similar amount.

From your account I can't see that you did anything that would be the cause of the result you experienced.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject:

Moin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:08 am    Post subject: You are not eligible to bid on this item due to seller restr Reply with quote

Hello, i lost some auctions with "You are not eligible to bid on this item due to seller restrictions" Germany seller and iam in germany and i buyed many things from this seller before.
Is there a solution next time available ? I want to buy some other things next time and a not functioned tool isnt acceptable, sorry. Btw. i used Gixen for years and i love it but should i look to an alternative ? Regards Stefan
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moin,

Can you try to bid on one listing manually (e.g. low bid) and then schedule a snipe on that listing? If the first is successful, and second isn't that would indicate a problem.

Restriction can be something else, not just location.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moin, intresting, i try to bid manually and little windows with the same message comes.

Fehler bei Gebot
Aufgrund von Einschränkungen des Verkäufers können Sie diesen Artikel nicht kaufen. Bitte kontaktieren Sie den Verkäufer, um weitere Informationen zu erhalten.

I try to ask the seller what in his "report of not allowed biddings".

And i tried with my other account and it functioned... Now iam highbidder Wink

I will inform you, regards Stefan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wewewe.ebay.de/bmgt/blockedbuyeractivities

Here can the seller see the not allowed biddings normally. I asked him and wait for answer.
buykaufenacheter

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject: Not eligible to bid - Missed Snipe Reply with quote

I think I might be able to shed some light on the reasons for failed snipes and the subsequent Gixen message "you are not eligible to bid on this item"

I am in the UK with an ebay account in good standing which I have used for many years without an issue and have used Gixen successfully in the past to buy around the world.

I set up 4 snipes last night on watches in the US and found this morning that three of them had failed for the reason "you are not elegible to bid on this item". I had been successful with my snipe in one auction.

I happened to notice that the three failed bids all related to items where the seller ships using ebay's Global Shipping Program rather than a specific independent shipper. I would have been outbid in one of the three but I would have won the other two items had my bid been entered sucessfully.

In the one auction in which my bid was successfully entered and I won the item, the seller ships independently. All 4 sellers state that they ship to the UK and there are no restrictions on my account.

That can not be a coincidence can it? Global Shipping Program adds import and customs charges at checkout and I wonder if this aspect prevents the bid from being entered.

I have never bid directly on an item where the seller ships through GSP. Is there another or different box you have to tick to accept the addition of import charges at checkout when entering your bid I wonder?

Example item 203460375609
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't noticed any extra requirements for any items that use the Global Shipping scheme when I've used a 'Buy It Now' option and so far I haven't had any snipe bids on auctions rejected for this reason. I don't schedule snipes on very many though these days, since shipping rates increased so much over the past few years it's not often worthwhile for me any more.
Guardian

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too had faced this kind of a problem. I am based in India. Even though the seller mentioned they would ship internationally, Gixen failed in several of these kind of listings.

Now I found a solution that works for me. I have saved an address in USA as my primary shipping address. Usually I bid on items that span over several hours. Once I win any item, I send the seller a message that I would be bidding on several other items and would need them to send me an invoice after I have completed. The seller (or eBay) automatically sends invoice even before all my other bidding end. These invoices would be based on the USA address and I will not be able to pay once I am done. I will have to then change my primary shipping address to my actual India address and then send a message to the seller to resend me an invoice.

This way, I have not lost any more items due to this. Pretty cumbersome but works for me.
dave00uk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:18 am    Post subject: Age Verification Reply with quote

I had this exact issue - I was buying sume ctulery (a spoon and fork). In the UK we have laws around purchase of knives and proving you are 18+. I got caught by this protection - you get a clear popup warning message. You key in credit car details, ebay confirms you are over 18 and then it works as normal.
vtgixen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:22 am    Post subject: Not Eligible to Bid Reply with quote

Why did I get this message and how can I eliminate that possibility in the future?
I am in the US, bidding on an item in the US.
Item: 134501156479
Title: Original Roll of 20 UNC 1986 American Silver Eagles. Orange Tube
Seller: americancoin2013
Status (main): You are not eligible to bid on this item.
Status (mirror): You are not eligible to bid on this item.
Your maximum bid: 1167.00
Current price: 1150.00
Gixen has worked well for me in the past and my eBay account is in good standing. Any help will be appreciated.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it would probably be regarded as currency there might be money laundering regulations that Ebay has to comply with (over a certain value).

Do you know if Ebay has ever verified your address, and/or has your credit card details on file ?

Since the seller is a dealer of these things you might find that they know more about these kind of things than many here would, so it might be worth asking them... or indeed perhaps Ebay Customer Support, since the night be able to look behind the scenes at Ebay to see why bids night get blocked from your account by their systems.

If you should find anything useful on this from other sources it would certainly be useful to other Gixen users if you were able to report back on your findings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.