Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

INVALID AUTHORIZATION - AWARE OF THE ISSUE

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject: INVALID AUTHORIZATION - AWARE OF THE ISSUE Reply with quote

I am aware of the issue, looking into it. Please refrain from emailing me.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would expect updates to be posted here as and when the issue is resolved.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far what I can share - Gixen was supposed to get granted some additional functionality. Something obviously went wrong, however. I am working with eBay to get this resolved.

It certainly isn't the end of Gixen as some feared in emails I received, but this is obviously not good, as snipes are failing until it's resolved.
Pejnord

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Invalid Authorization Reply with quote

Invalid authorization issue cost me a $7k PSA Griffey lot- pretty unhappy!
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Invalid Authorization

Bronte

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for incremental update.

At least we know it's being worked on and we are not left in dark.

I would suggest putting on home page that there is an issue so you don't get emailed a million times. Which I did because I didn't know there was a forum until I did a Google search.
theleato

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:43 pm    Post subject: Issue here as well Reply with quote

same issue here. Cant authorize.
fantasycoin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: INVALID AUTHORIZATION Reply with quote

I saw the messages on the bottom of the page. I have this invalid authorization issue too.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added a notice at the bottom of the page, and I am also emailing all users that have scheduled snipes.
silentshooter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say Thanks for the email.
marianocollector

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Invalid Authorization Reply with quote

Pejnord wrote:

I missed out on a Soto and 2 Tatis' that sold for less than half of what my bid would have been.
Luigi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Invalid Authorization Reply with quote

marianocollector wrote:
Pejnord wrote:

I missed out on a Soto and 2 Tatis' that sold for less than half of what my bid would have been.

Don't-a-worry! My brother Mario is going to fix-a-da problem!
vgbc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it sucks to lose out on an auction, but everybody keep in mind you're paying a maximum of 50 cents a month for this service. I've been using Gixen for 2+ years now and the consistency for the price is insanely good.
jjeditor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the email and fingers crossed for finding a fix!
Waheed333

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject: Hoping it's fixed soon Reply with quote

I hope its fixed in around 24 hours I have some snipes scheduled.. This is a fantastic service I have never missed out on any snipes in the past... I'm sure Mario's doing his best.... Let him focus....
cleverlynamed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately I only have one item closing tonight. The last time I lost out from a crash was well over a year ago, but I recall quite acutely how frustrating and stressful that experience was. To the folks who are feeling it right now, it sucks, but please try and remember that Mario provides a great service for a very reasonable price, and is always very quick to solve problems. Let’s remember to be courteous because sometimes shit happens.

Thanks for the updates Mario!
mistiboxer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject: lots of failed bids Reply with quote

invalid authorizatioj.. it shows me as ACTIVE... cant reset password... its really messed up!
u102768

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject: INVALID AUTHORIZATION - AWARE OF THE ISSUE Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up.

Do you know if the issue is Gixen specific or will all snipe services be affected?

Just trying to decide whether to set my alarm for an auction or schedule a bid with the service I used to use!

I presume there is no issue if two snipe services bid on the same auction as they are both coming from my account? Same as the mirror bid I guess?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u102768 wrote:
Do you know if the issue is Gixen specific or will all snipe services be affected?

It's almost certainly Gixen only. The issue started when Gixen was granted some additional limits by eBay. It's possible that whoever did that changed some setting or disabled something by mistake.

I did not know the timing of this ahead of time, unfortunately. Had I known, I certainly wouldn't have chosen Friday afternoon for any changes.
Juan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: INVALID AUTHORIZATION - AWARE OF THE ISSUE Reply with quote

Maybe it's a DDoS or an inside operation in order to shut down Gixen for some big upcoming auction(s). Easiest way to get stuff for cheap is to make sure nobody can bid.
larry494

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject: won 2 iems 5th February Reply with quote

Thanks Gixen won two eBay auctions on the 5th February. Very happy with service.
Hope current issues get fixed OK
Larry 494
Banako

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject: Great service Mario! Thank you! Reply with quote

Just to echo a couple of other comments.

Gixen is a great service with issues like this being quite rare. I missed bids tonight too, but things do happen.

In the past, I paid a whole lot more for much worse service. When I would complain more than once about multiple issues, they simply deleted my service and refund requests.

I'm paid up on Gixen through forever, but I still try to donate some extra to Mario occasionally for all the hard work.

Thank you Mario for the great service!
emmaszone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:31 pm    Post subject: Keep Up The Great Work! Reply with quote

Thanks for a brilliant service! Things may go wrong from time to time, but it's actually out of your control. Keep up the great work!
22dollar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject: INVALID AUTHORIZATION BID UNDER ASKING PRICE Reply with quote

INVALID AUTHORIZATION if could have won, but if my bid is under, works normal, message; BID UNDER ASKING PRICE

ebay item 393114506445

Rolling Eyes
analogcamerasnyc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject: Any updates on this? Reply with quote

I just inputted 5 snipes before noticing that they weren't loading in to queue. Please let us know when service is back online functioning normally! Much appreciation.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just informed that changes on eBay's side were reverted. Gixen is working fine again.

I will send an email shortly to all users with scheduled snipes.
Ming

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Mario!
Juan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A++++++++++++++++++ will snipe again.
arian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
I was just informed that changes on eBay's side were reverted. Gixen is working fine again.

I will send an email shortly to all users with scheduled snipes.

Thank you for the great news. Before I saw this thread, I had unlinked my account and tried to re-authorize again, but failed. Now I just successfully re-authorize, the question is that whether I should add the snipes again?
dougz2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject: Gixen Outage of 5 Feb Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick resolution of this problem.

I had to re-authorize my eBay account, but all is well now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for promptly solving the problem, Mario.
Do we have to do anything now? Some people mention re-authorizing the subscription. When I click on settings though mine seems to be OK.
Waheed333

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:32 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Hello

Thank you for getting gixen back... Much appreciated my friend.

Best regards and stay safe...
jono77

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:42 am    Post subject: There is no better service for the money. Reply with quote

I will still use Gixen. There is no better service for the money. Yes it's a shame if you lose a snipe. This is the first time I can remember when something like this happened. I have been with Gixen for 10 years or more. It can't be helped.
Keep up the good work Mario!
harami2000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arian wrote:
Now I just successfully re-authorize, the question is that whether I should add the snipes again?

I doubt that's required - the key was eBay's authorization of a given account.

Gixen "just" sends the data required to carry out a snipe and that won't have changed at all.

=

(Thank you for the rapid resolution, Mario - you have a far better contact at eBay than any of the rest of us have!

It's easy for us to take for granted how well Gixen does work 99.9% of the time, and problems at eBay's end are very much outside your control)
mainemule

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have a pending snipe that is "SCHEDULED" and did not have anything that hiccuped last night. Is there anything I need to do to "re-connect" or "re-authorize" this bid (and future bids) to EBAY? Thanks!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to do anything, unless you tried to re-authorize during the outage. In that case just re-authorize now again.

You can check if your authorization works by importing ebay watchlist.

If unsure, re-authorize anyway. It's free and easy to do, so you can do no harm by re-authorizing.
marianocollector

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the hard work getting this fixed. I love the program.
Ramona

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Invalid Authorization Reply with quote

marianocollector wrote:
Pejnord wrote:

Without knowing what the winners' bids actually were in those auctions, you can't be certain that your bids would have won.

Just because you would have bid more than the auctions were actually won at, it doesn't mean that the winners might not have placed proxy bids higher than what your bids would have been.
uhduma

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vgbc wrote:
I know it sucks to lose out on an auction, but everybody keep in mind you're paying a maximum of 50 cents a month for this service. I've been using Gixen for 2+ years now and the consistency for the price is insanely good.
'

fax, yall sound super unappreciative

just set an alarm like we all used to do for a little bit

it costs $6 a year which is super affordable and people dont get priced out
steviegogo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for getting this sorted as quickly as possible - onwards and upwards!
Dreamwalk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject: Gixen problem Reply with quote

I know it’s frustrating to lose a snipe but speaking from someone who has sniped since the service was initiated, there is no reason to get totally bent out of shape. This happens from time to time on every site. And some sites charge a percent of the sale as a commission! (Now that’s a real reason to be upset.) This site is awesome and well worth the subscription price. If anyone needs to bid on something they absolutely have to have, they should take the time to bid manually themselves as well, with the service as a backup. That’s what I do.
DarrenK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject: Gixen Problems Reply with quote

Thank you Mario for a terrific service.
I was using a different service and had many problems and was certainly paying a whole lot more.
Having worked in IT for over 25 years I know the frustrations that can occur and they are even worse when the errors are outside your control.

Thank you again and well done with your excellent service and product.

Darren
debs3759

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for getting this fixed as quickly as you did. Excellent service for the price.
theleato

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:47 pm    Post subject: Thanks for resolving this issue. Reply with quote

debs3759 wrote:
Thank you for getting this fixed as quickly as you did. Excellent service for the price.

I agree. Thanks for fixing this. I love this site!!!!! Very Happy
yeniisim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Gixen for 6 years, just lost and item due to the snipe issue, it was a very good deal.

However it is not important of course when I consider the service and dedication that Mario puts into this service.

Cheers!
dollfieville

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject: service outage Reply with quote

Thank you, Mario, for being so on-top of things! Your service is more reliable than eBay is, and unlike eBay, we can actually contact a human being if we need to!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario. We love you.

Thank you so very much for your hard work.

Take care. Very Happy
trwhouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:16 am    Post subject: Thanks for Gixen... Reply with quote

Glitches can happen. It's technology and systems and contributing factors that can fail.
That's not Gixen's fault.
Things happen, and yes that can lead to being disappointed.
Life is like that.
But overall, Gixen is a great and inexpensive service that does what it is supposed to do.
Thanks, Mario, for keeping the lights on and making things work 99.9999999999999999 percent of the time for us all.
Best wishes,
trwhouse Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario - just another message of support here. I have used this for many many years with no problems and couldn't live without it. For the price you offer it at we can only say thank you. Like others on here I think we get a great deal. IT issues happen, get over it. All the best from UK
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for kind words, I truly appreciate it.
brilllliant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mario
Plus one many thanks for this superb no fuss service.
muppy99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like ive been using Gixen forever, at least 10 years and I dont know how i would win anything without it. Along the way ive had some fantastic bargins.
Its far more reliable than ebay itself which keeps trying things that dont work, provides lists but wont let you view all items ending and often seems to search but not find items when you know they exsist. Oh did I forget reporting prices of items that have sold which are not truthful.
How many international services do you know where the owner will actually quickly answer users complaints himself in person.

Thank you Mario for a wonderful service
sugar666

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:31 am    Post subject: Outages Reply with quote

take a chill pill folks, so you lost out on a few bids....there are plenty more fish in the sea. I am a long time Gixen user and have been dealing on EBay for a while too....they are cock up central...NOT Gixens fault....give them some slack
kevin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:30 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

I wanted to say thanks to Gixen for helping me become a millionaire in a few years since discovering the tool. Anyone complaining too much is crying over spilled milk when a herd of dairy cows are at his door.
Trippa73

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit happens. Great service. Great Price
Faxman59

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, no big issue!
Been using your service for years, no better arround.
Things can happen and like expected are solved.
You can't ask for more and this is even doen in very timely manner.
Go look at other places how long it takes to solve a problem (Microsoft).
Keep up the good work.
Michael
Lastmarine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issue still not resolved unfortunately. I just lost out but not the end of the world
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lastmarine,

The issue with Ebay rejecting valid authoritarians was resolved the day it occurred.

Of course that does not mean they now accept authorisations that have been invalidated.

Most likely you need to renew yours using the second section of the settings page, it costs nothing and only takes a couple of minutes.
adaytimesinner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject: Error 32 Reply with quote

I am getting an error message that my eBay account is unlinked & needs to be reconnected, but when I try I get the message "Could not confirm your account, activation link expired (32). "
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume this is via the second section of the Settings page ?

Once you initiate the process by selecting the link I think you do need to complete it, by logging into Ebay and confirming the setting within a few minutes, otherwise it will time out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject: Invalid authorisation Reply with quote

I have now lost two items due to INVALID AUTHORISATION. PLEASE ADVISE
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you renewed the authorisation as mentioned in earlier posts ?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locking this subject, as it was related to an actual issue that happened a while ago. Please start a new post if needed or email me.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.