Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

PayPal not using my balance for recurring payments, wants C

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject: PayPal not using my balance for recurring payments, wants C Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

Nice site good features, quite like the mirror idea and how you responded to the recent outage, now sorry I was with the other guys PowerS...pe all these years, you actually respond to folks! Found you on a snipe comparison site...

Anyway, long story short, I want to do the recurring mirror bit but when I sign into PayPal it only gives me the option of using my credit card or US bank account for payment, not my balance.

I do not want to link my credit cards for ongoing payments and my balance is always pretty healthy because it is my website business account - so, is this a setting you chose? Or has it been so long since I did a recurring with PP that I have forgotten that perhaps the cads won't allow one to use the balance?

Thanks,

John :-#)#
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

Unfortunately I don't control this, it's all paypal, and for recurring payments they ask for something other than balance. I don't see why they at least don't have something like - use balance first, and only if not sufficient use cc / bank account.

Welcome to Gixen, hopefully this is not a big issue for you.
jrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject: PayPal not using my balance for recurring payments, wants CC Reply with quote

Nah, not a deal killer, just an annoyance...

Thanks!

PS, unless I did something wrong the reply on your forum requires me to remember the subject line, that can't be right (it was cached, again no problem). Perhaps the system is not keeping me logged in?
jrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject: PayPal not using my balance for recurring payments, wants CC Reply with quote

Hmm, just did the payment and according to the small print:

---------------------(quote)---------------------
I want to use Visa x-CCCC for all automatic purchases with GIXEN INC.. I understand this lets me check out faster by not having to log in to PayPal to finish my purchase. I understand that if I have a PayPal balance, that balance will be used first to complete my payment, and that if my preferred payment method is unavailable, PayPal will charge my backup payment method. I can change my preferred payment method or cancel this authorization in my Account Profile at PayPal.com.
-------------------(end quote)-------------------

So it does try the balance first, then attack everything else it can find to get you your $6 and change. Great for both of us!

You might want to mention that on the payments page in case it bothers anyone else...

Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject: PayPal not using my balance for recurring payments, wants CC

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you John, this is useful to know!

Some users complained that paypal used their CC regardless of balance. If true, it's inconsistent.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps those users have not specified that their balance is their preferred method of payment.

PS: Just as an aside to answer the other query, this forum is deliberately not configured to use Gixen credentials so that it is open to anyone whether or not they have even registered a Gixen account.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.