Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

DESKTOP MANAGER ERROR MESSAGES

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAMEWISE777

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject: DESKTOP MANAGER ERROR MESSAGES Reply with quote

Today I lost out on an Auction as my GIXEN DESKTOP APP did not bid.

Using the Internet the problem was stated as EBAY 3RD PARTY APPLICATION STATUS NOT ACTIVE.

So I went to EBAY = But 3rd party access was active !!!
So I then went to GIXEN = I ticked 3rd party access for another 18 months

I then REBOOTED my PC and opened my usual GIXEN DESKTOP MANAGER:

I then received a list of error messages:
Could not find country, using default
Error (101): Could not log in
Could not get item list, API returned: Error (101): Could not log in

So, I then logged into my GIXEN webpage account using my username and password, where I could view the item that GIXEN did not bid on.

QUESTIONS:
Have GIXEN removed the DESKTOP MANAGER APP this week??
Can you only bid on the website now!!
Can someone tell me what all the error messages mean ??? or what I have to do next.
I've searched on the internet but seem trapped in a loop at present and unable to use the GIXEN DESKTOP APP since yesterday

As stated, 3rd party has been activated, PC rebooted, but does not sort the problem - cannot even log into the DESKTOP app anymore due to error messages..............Many thanks !!!
SAMEWISE777

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject: SORTED Reply with quote

Not sure why, but after deleting all GIXEN files from my PC, rebooting, then downloading all GIXEN DESKTOP APP = Could log in and use again !!!
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's most likely that the storage of your credentials on your PC somehow got corrupted. This would explain why starting again with a fresh download might sort out the issue with being able to log into the Desktop Manager.

I'd generally suggest using the Settings->Username and Password option in the Desktop Manager to sort out that issue.

You do appear to be the first to receive the 'EBAY 3RD PARTY APPLICATION STATUS NOT ACTIVE' message though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.