Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Won through vixen but showing as outbid on eBay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southaf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject: Won through vixen but showing as outbid on eBay Reply with quote

I won according to vixen account as the highest bidder. However when the auction ended I got.an email from eBay saying sorry you missed out. I'm very confused as I can't find any thing either on vixen or eBay except the email I got from vixen, saying I won. Please help. Thanks southaf
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the auction id ?

Most likely there was a later, higher bid, placed on Ebay, which Gixen didn't detect for some reason.
ruleoflaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Gixen shows won but bid not placed Reply with quote

This just happened to me too for auction 402511748558.

Gixen shows I won, but my bid was never placed.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure about this? I see in the logs the correct ebay account linked, and I see that bid was placed. Please check again in your eBay account.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject:

Jsnowbum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject: Won on Gixen, Lost in Ebay Reply with quote

Hello,

I put in a max bid of 1500. Looks like it sold at 937. Both my mirror and primary say I won the auction at the same 937 amount. When I go to eBay it says I was outbid and it appears my bids did not go in at all?
I only have one eBay account, any ideas?
Item: 254773937853
Ebay Username:jsnowbum16
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like that item was won with a snipe on an Ebay account with no feedback. That was also the only snipe bid on that auction.

Does your jsnowbum16 Ebay account have any feedback ?

Gixen must have received a response from Ebay after placing the bid in order to be now claiming that you won it.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ebay username linked seems to be "jos-6687xx" (I omitted two last numbers, changed them to xx). This ebay account was linked to your Gixen account on June 14, 2020. Does this ring any bells? Is this your (other) ebay account?
Jsnowbum

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mario! If I did create a new account I do not recall it and I have never used it? So it seems you linked the appropriate account? Side note, the seller re-listed this item. I wonder if there was some glitch in his end or if the buyer failed to pay? I can ask and find out. Thanks again
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to change the Ebay account that Gixen places bids on to be jsnowbum1, I think you will need to do that yourself using the second section of the Settings page. Mario won't be able to do that for you.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely - re-link your account from the settings page. I don't see that other account linked to any other Gixen user, so I don't think this is a bug. Please email me - if that is your ebay account I can tell you how to try to recover it.
mrj62

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject: Won through vixen but showing as outbid on eBay Reply with quote

FYI: On 2 auctions, one after another, Gixen won the auctions for me but linked my account to another eBay user. Oddly I received the Pay Now emails but the link to eBay to Pay Now had an error. When I signed into eBay, the won item wasn't there. I reached out to the seller to confirm I won for how much and they said I did and within an hour the seller contacted me back saying "this is weird" you're not the winner anymore for that same dollar amount too. Oddly any emails to the other eBay account I received them (my thought was there were linked - a hah it's Gixen). The whole thing was totally weird. The 2 seller I reached out to were reluctant to invoice me to paying thinking the other account won, even after me explaining the situations. So they issued a "No Payment Case" to the the other eBay user, yup I got them in my email but there wasn't anything about in in my eBay. So I guess that's a silver lining.

So after reading some similar posts in this forum, I went into settings and re-linked my account to eBay, I guess I'll see if that works, but now I have to test it on an auction, time to buy something. My thinking, it'll work. I'll let you know how I make out.

Marc
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are getting emails from Ebay relating to another Ebay account then it must be that Ebay associates that account with your email address. This might be something you want to follow up with them.

On the Gixen 'Settings' page it also tells you which Ebay account you are linked to, just with the 2nd to 4th characters replaced by '*'. This Ebay account is also shown at the top of your snipes page where it also tells you how many 'Scheduled bids' you have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.