Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen account somehow linked to unknown eBay account

View previous topic :: View next topic  
breiker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject: Gixen account somehow linked to unknown eBay account Reply with quote

I kept having Gixen tell me I had won a bid, but I'd go to eBay and it wouldn't show that I had won or even that I had bid on it. That just happened again about an hour ago (Item #303709574374) so I went to Gixen, which says I won, and at the top of the page I saw a random eBay account listed. I've probably been bidding for someone else this whole time. It's not an account I've ever been associated with so I don't know how that happened. I'm assuming it was a bug. Maybe this has already been discussed here. I re-authorized my eBay account and now it shows my correct username. It's pretty annoying that I've lost probably a few hundred dollars in income from bids that were placed for a different eBay user.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

breiker,

When did you previously link your eBay account? Any chance you used more than one account in the past?
breiker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure when I last linked my eBay account. But I know it was correct in the past because I've actually won things before. I have another eBay account but have never linked it to Gixen, and it's not the account that was linked to my Gixen account. I actually sent a message to the seller saying that I placed the winning bid through a different app and that it somehow seems to have made the bid from a different eBay user, and he responded saying that he got a message from the high bidder that he never bid on that item. So it's definitely some random account that is actively being used by someone else.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that you used a computer, to do the authoristion, that someone else had logged into their Ebay account on ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:06 am    Post subject:

breiker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. The only computers I use are my personal computers that no one else has ever used. Unless someone hacked my Gixen account so they could link their account to it, which wouldn't make any sense, then I think it was some sort of bug. Not necessarily a Gixen bug, could be eBay. But I can guarantee that no one has ever logged into that random eBay account on my computers, and I've never logged into Gixen on any public or shared computer of any kind. I'm just glad I noticed because now I can start winning auctions again. That was really frustrating.
breiker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to take back something I said previously though. Looking at my Gixen history, it looks like this is only the second item I've actually won since being linked to the random account. So it had a smaller effect than I thought. There was at least one other time where I placed a bid and didn't win, but was still very confused that My eBay didn't show that I had bid on the item, when Gixen said I had. Most items I've added to Gixen got higher than my bid amount before they ended, so it didn't make a difference if my Gixen account was linked to the wrong eBay account. So it hasn't caused me as big of a loss as I initially thought.
mrj622

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject: Gixen account somehow linked to unknown eBay account Reply with quote

You're not alone, this just happened about 1 hour ago to me again, for a 2nd time in 30 days. I just won, I get an eBay email notification to "Complete Purchase" click on the button and get a bogus message "We can't tell if these are your items. Please sign in to continue" I sign into eBay and no info about the " won" item. It's def a Gixen thing. I went round and round with the last seller with this, the weird thing is you'll be listed as the winner and in 12 hours you won't, it'll be someone else. The seller will notify them them and you'll get the email to pay now or they're going to open a case. I know, because I was getting there emails via a weird account link. Something is def messed up here with Gixen. This'll be 2 items lost. Moving forward I'm not using Gixen, I'll just bid and bid my highest bid after.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrj622,

If you got a notification from eBay that you won the item it can't be a Gixen thing. It can possibly be an eBay thing, but not Gixen.

If your Gixen account was linked to another ebay account, you would get a notification from Gixen, but never from eBay.
breiker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that sounds like a different issue than what I had. I wouldn't get any email from eBay saying I won. The only place that would say I won was Gixen, eBay wouldn't show me that I had won or even bid on the item.
ruleoflaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject: Gixen shows won but bid not placed or showing on ebay Reply with quote

Something similar just happened to me too for auction 402511748558. Gixen shows I won, but my bid was never placed or is not showing up on the auction.

Very werid!
ruleoflaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: Ebay Weirdness! Reply with quote

So this is some kind of ebay glitch in my case! When the auction ended it showed a different name as winner. 3 hours later I refreshed and it finally showed that I won. I did not get a winning email from ebay either! The previous auction I won I did get an ebay email.

Seems this issue is ebay related at least in my case.

Screens:

[img]i.imgur.com/CdpH9ht.png[/img]
[img]i.imgur.com/txFaZKW.png[/img]
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, I checked the logs, and the correct ebay account is linked, and I see that your bid was placed. Not sure what happened on the eBay side.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both images show all the bids though.

The first is what you get if you are not logged in, or logged in to an account that did not bid on the auction, the second if you are logged in as the winner.

So, if the issue is with Ebay it may be along the lines that it's not recognising when you are logged in when you are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.