Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bid info not showing up in mirror

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluesman1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject: Bid info not showing up in mirror Reply with quote

I have just subscribed to Gixen because I have just bid on an item that I've been looking for for a long time (eBay ID#114462839874). Out of curiousity, I clicked on the Miami Mirror, and the bid info was not there, not even the empty boxes. What's up?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What username are you logging in with? I see that you have two usernames, your subscription is under bluesman1. Also, it looks like you need to renew your eBay authorization. You can do this from the Gixen settings page, it's free of charge.
bluesman1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject: Bid info not showing up in mirror Reply with quote

I forget exactly what happened, but for some reason the website would not allow me to log in with that other user name. Is there a way that I can delete that other user name from the system (I don't remember what it was).
bluesman1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject: Bid info not showing up in mirror Reply with quote

OK, I just redid the eBay permission (although I find it odd that before I even asked the question, when I had entered the item number in the box, the details autofilled). Anyway, the bid info is still not showing up in the Miami Mirror.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject: Bid info not showing up in mirror

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you put this snipe in a group? Group snipes are executed from the main server only. Leave the default values of "no group".
bluesman1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Bid info not showing up in mirror Reply with quote

I didn't put it in a group. I read that other post, and I should have mentioned that I didn't. I don't even know how to do that, or why I would want to.
bluesman1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject: Bid info not showing up in mirror Reply with quote

I just checked the bid page (again) and there's a box next to the box where you enter your bid that says "Not grouped (default)" and it always has. I've never changed it.
bluesman1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject: B Reply with quote

OK, I just put another item on the bid page and it showed up on the Miami mirror. I guess because I entered the the 1st item before I subscribed it didn't show up. So I guess I should delete it and re-enter it.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should have been copied over when you subscribed, but if it didn't editing it will get it copied to mirror.
techlobo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar problem in that bids are not being displayed in the mirror server tab.

I have been a mirror server user for over a year now (although I don't use the service that much as I don't bid on many auctions), and the bids are not in groups. My ebay authorisation reads as active.

I have edited the bids and changed the offsets between main and mirror, but still nothing is showing in the mirror. eg. eBay ID# 284044246428

Could you please let me know if the bids should be showing in the mirror tab, and if so what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks.
techlobo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should note that I have tried both Firefox and Chrome web browsers, forced full page refresh, and cleared cache. So its not those potential issues.
techlobo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirror submission may be working (ish) as I received an email on my last bid stating:

Quote:
Item: 284044246428
Title: 10 x Seagate 2TB 7.2k SAS 6G 3.5" Hard Drive HDD ST2000NM0001 A3
Status (main): HIGH BIDDER
Status (mirror): BID UNDER ASKING PRICE

So something has come from the mirror. Can't decide if the mirror message relates to the 2s delay between main and mirror submission, or whether there is something else awry.

Nothing showing in the mirror tab bids however.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does look like a display issue since that is what you would expect as a result if your Mirror offset is lower than your main offset.

What this indicates is that Ebay has already received a bid of the same amount (from the Main Gixen server) and therefore it rejects the later bid attempt (from the Mirror Gixen server) as below what is required for the bid to be accepted.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I should change, in such case, "BID UNDER ASKING PRICE" to "BID ALREADY SUBMITTED" or display "HIGH BIDDER" on mirror as well.

The history of this is - things used to be such that Gixen could not distinguish between "bid submitted" and "bid too low". Now it can.
techlobo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned in my earlier posting I thought that might be the case, but I think it probably would be a good idea to change the message to be a bit more descriptive - whether it should be High Bidder would depend upon the circumstances I assume. If it is only presented on a successful bid then probably fine, otherwise it may be useful to have logged that a duplicate bid was sent / received.

In terms of the mirror bid display problem I have now checked on a 2nd PC from Firefox, Chrome and even Edge (shows how desperate things are getting) and the mirrored bids are not being displayed.

Can you confirm that I should be able to see them in the mirror tab?

Thanks.
mcsams

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: info showing in mirror Reply with quote

mario wrote:
It should have been copied over when you subscribed, but if it didn't editing it will get it copied to mirror.

I had the same experience in that I had an item entered and it did not transfer over to mirror when I signed up for the mirror service. I deleted and reentered and that took care of the issue.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should always be on mirror if single bids - note that group bids are executed from the main server only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.