Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Automatic next bid increment on snipes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
huzudra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject: Automatic next bid increment on snipes? Reply with quote

More and more lately I'm losing auctions because of bid increment, my latest item sold for $155 and I had a $155 snipe but it says I lost due to bid increment. This is easily the 10th thing I've lost this way. Is there a way to allow Gixen to step up to the next increment automatically on the snipe if the bid say 5 seconds prior to snipe will make your bid fall below increment? I've been using Gixen for over a decade and this is a recent turn of bad luck I hope but it feels more like there's some kind of problem happening. It's very frustrating and didn't seem to be an issue a couple years ago.
huzudra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the bid history, I forgot to include it. I'm the $155 bid on the 9***1 user which submitted BEFORE the winning bid and for the exact amount as the winning bid. I'm highly confused.
huzudra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/274505102978?item=274505102978&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per Ebay rules the earliest bid of $155 was the winning bid, and it was from the bidder with 14 feedbacks.

Calls for amounts to be added to bids, for me, are an indication that a sniper did not enter the maximum amount that they were willing to pay as their snipe amount, which is what has always been the advice given here.

In this case a snipe bid amount of 1 cent more would, quite likely, have been enough and only cost that 1 cent more, whereas the proposal to bid again with another bid would have cost a whole bid increment, and that's assuming there was time to react to the outbid notice with another bid.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:34 am    Post subject:

huzudra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the late response. I guess I misread the bid history as mine being the first $155 but you're correct. It's very frustrating seeing my bid be the exact same amount as the winning bid but I lost the item because of a $2 or $5 bid increment, but I do understand the technical challenge. Fair enough, I'll just have to want it more more often!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.