Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Getting an error messages when trying add a new snipe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:40 am    Post subject: Getting an error messages when trying add a new snipe Reply with quote

Tried with several different auctions and got the same error every time

Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: server closed the connection unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request. in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/gixen/bidsmirrordatabase.php on line 11
Gixen mirror down, please try again later.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mario,

Just to add to the last message... I'm getting a similar mirror DB error when trying to edit or delete snipes as well. Here's the error:

Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: server closed the connection unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request. in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/gixen/bidsmirrordatabase.php on line 11

Thanks!
-Tom.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like there was a problem with the Mirrors' connection to the network, which Mario has resolved and is looking into what the underlying issue was.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preliminary investigation points to the network card / driver on the mirror server. It looks like it went down, still not sure why. This is the first time something like this happens on this server. Reboot resolved the issue, we will see if anything like this happens again.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject:

smw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario, thanks for your quick attention to this. It did save the auction I was trying to snipe, although the mirror got the default 6 second offset rather than the 3 seconds that I originally specified (and which the primary server retained). Not sure if you think this is worth fixing, since you said it's the first time a problem like this happened.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smw,

This is an unrelated issue. Are you sure you specified an offset value for mirror different than 6 seconds?
smw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positive, I always specify the same offset for both.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the default Mirror offset that you have in the Settings for your account ?
smw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my account it's set to 3, but typically I use the Gixen chrome extension to add a new snipe, which doesn't stay logged in very long, so I get the system default of 6.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.