Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Will Gixen work for ebay.CA (canadian ebay) users?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MerryCan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Will Gixen work for ebay.CA (canadian ebay) users? Reply with quote

Dear Gixen staff,

I believe -- and let's take Gixen.com out of the picture for now -- that being the successful bidder on ebay.CA leads to different results than if we were to bid and win on ebay.com. True or False?
(I'm thinking about the currency for payment, in particular.)

If true, what can I do if I want to bid on an item ebay.ca, and I want to use Gixen?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The instance you quote is false.

No matter which Ebay site you bid from the currency is always that of the auction.

The only difference tat I am aware of, and this may not be true any longer, is in a case where you want to open a dispute with a seller, then you are directed to use the site on which the bid is placed... not your home site... and procedures for disputes may differ slightly from one site to another due to local legal requirements that exist in the jurisdiction of that site.

In any case Canada is a valid target site for Gixen, this can be changed on your Settings page that you access via the settings button after you have logged in.
selffoe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The admin is incorrect. If the item does not ship to USA but only to Canada, then bidding on ebay.com website will not work. The bid will be automatically rejected.

Item: 154079837503

For example, I tried to bid on this item with $1275, which is $100 more than the existing highest bid, but Gixen failed me. For now Gixen has failed half of all of bids, which is far far lower than the claimed 99% successful rate.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll ignore the fact that the premise of the question asked and answered in July 2015 was different.

Presumably your shipping address is in Canada ?

What status is Gixen giving these auction snipes once they have completed ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:55 am    Post subject:

selffoe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
I'll ignore the fact that the premise of the question asked and answered in July 2015 was different.

Presumably your shipping address is in Canada ?

What status is Gixen giving these auction snipes once they have completed ?

Well, I do have a Canadian Shipping address and that item exclusively ships to Canada.

Status (main): You are not eligible to bid on this item.

I could get the history for you if I have access for bidding history.

I am pretty sure that I have authorization for both ebay.com and ebay.ca.

Sorry for opening the other thread as I find out this thread being five years old after posting.

Many thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK,

Have you found that you are getting that status less often now that you have changed your Target site to be the Canadian one, as suggested earlier in this thread in answer to the 2015 question ?

For that status the widest recent discussion is on this thread.

I am still of the opinion that the message is too vague and, from the evidence provided by Gixen users over the past 6 months, likely covering multiple different underlying reasons for the rejection of the bid.

That is why I have expressed the opinion, on that thread, that Ebay be asked to provide further explanation for this message.

So, my next direct question to you is; Is the Ebay account that you are using for these snipes a long standing one with an established buying history or was it set up relatively recently ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.