Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

INVALID AUTHORIZATION - how to test if working now

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdelisle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject: INVALID AUTHORIZATION - how to test if working now Reply with quote

Hi Team - I just missed out on an auction due to "INVALID AUTHORIZATION" that really hurt, as it went incredibly cheap. So I understand "re-authorizing" the app and I have done that but it was already authorised.

My question is: Is it possible to test out that Gixen is working short of actually bidding on something? I ask as I really don't want this to happen again and I would like to test Gixen is working before testing it.

I mention this as in a previous question, one of the answers was to look in the Settings > Site Preferences > 3rd Party Authorisationsand check that Gixen is present. Well, on my eBay, Gixen is not present there (just eBay Business Policies and Sendle). Is this normal or should I be worried?

If I do have to bid on something to test it does anyone know a product that would be good for testing (i.e. I can bid and trigger Gixen BUT I won't win the item)?

Thanks

Simon
sdelisle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:20 pm    Post subject: INVALID AUTHORIZATION - how to test if working now? Reply with quote

Mario - if it is easy could you please check the snipe was below. Was my authorization bad at that time?

Item: 114414911290
Title: Jabra Evolve 75link 370 MS Stereo Over the Ear Headset - Black - Brand new!
Status (main): INVALID AUTHORIZATION
Your maximum bid: 205.00
Current price: 177.50

Sadly the headphones retail for about $329 so it would have been a really sweet win. Still - you win some, you lose some. I just would like to be sure this won't happen again. So is there a way to test?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The place to find it on Ebay is

My eBay->Account Tab->Site preferences->General Preferences->Third-party authorisations

and will be listed as 'Gixen Inc.'.

Another way to demonstrate that this is active and working is to add an item to your Watch list on Ebay and use the 'Import Watch list' button on the snipes page after you have logged in here to import that item because this uses the same authorisation to access your Ebay account watch list.
sdelisle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:

Another way to demonstrate that this is active and working is to add an item to your Watch list on eBay and use the 'Import Watch list' button on the snipes page after you have logged in here to import that item because this uses the same authorisation to access your eBay account watch list.

Thanks, Cupid - that was what I was looking for. However, although my Watchlist imported, 'Gixen In' is not listed in my Third Party Apps section (even though I have re-authorized:
eBay authorization status: Active.
Your eBay authorization for eBay account s*******ney expires on Tue, Mar 22, 2022.

So are you confident that my snipes will go through now even though Gixen Inc is not listed? What is listed is Sendle (courier company) and
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would need to ask Ebay support why your authorisation is not showing on their site if it is definitely set up and working.
sdelisle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
You would need to ask eBay support why your authorisation is not showing on their site if it is definitely set up and working.

Thank you Mark - I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions and providing such a fantastic tool. There are always glitches but I know it was my issue and not Gixens.

Have a great week. No need to reply.
sdelisle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the "6 x 15-day chunks" offer for $6.00. wWhat a brilliant idea. The only reason I hadn't previously signed up for your mirror service was because I only bid on items maybe once or twice a year at most (it is usually Buy Now these days). However I was feeling guilty about how much you had saved me over the years and thought it was time to step up and then I saw the 6 chunks offer - Genius. I think you should push/publicise that more.
Anyway, thank you again for Gixen and what you have done. Simon
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Simon, I'm glad that Gixen is meeting your needs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.