Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Recurring Payments

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DIYBuff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:21 am    Post subject: Recurring Payments Reply with quote

Hi,
Around a month ago I started getting messages that my account was about to expire and followed the link to set up a new subscription.

Then a few days ago it automatically renewed as it appears I had already set up a recurring payment.

My subscription appears to show the correct expiry for the money sent (expires Sep 2023) so this is fine and I am quite happy to let this run.

My Q is, what do I do with the 2 recurring payments as both will be set to collect before this time?

Should I just cancel both and then set up a new one in 3 years?

Thank you.
Gordon.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is your best option to sort this out in the long run, without Mario having to intervene from his side.

However, if you want it sorted out now, with a refund of the over payment please email him at the support address given on the Contact tab. Please include your Gixen id, your name and/or email address and perhaps details of when the payments were made might help too.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordon,

You should either cancel them all and re-subscribe in 2023, or leave one of them and contact me to issue you refunds for the extra payments.
DIYBuff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, thanks for the replies.

I agree it would be easiet just to cancel both as both will try to renew before the 3 years is up and I am happy to subscribe for 3 years.

I don't know if PP send you a message when a recurring payment is cancelled so wanted to check this would be OK in case it was seen as manipulation to save a $!

I'll just sign up again in 3 years.

Thanks for a great service Smile
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:34 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On this thread, a year and a half ago, Mario indicated that notification is made, but that at that time he was not acting on it.

I guess that cancelling the recurrence now could reduce your Mirror subscription below the three years you currently have, it depends whether or not Mario did implement that, as he suggested he might.

Later addition: OK, I found where Mario had announced that update, here. So, it looks like cancelling now will result in you losing the slight advantage (in terms of subscription cost per year) that you gained from selecting a recurring payment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.