Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

bidding on two items finishing 28 minutes of each other

View previous topic :: View next topic  
negativepitch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:34 am    Post subject: bidding on two items finishing 28 minutes of each other Reply with quote

How do I add two item finishing 28 minutes of each other and what offset would you recommend for each.
I have also subscribed to the mirror service.
Do I just need to set my bids here or also on the ebay site.
The last time I used auction sniper was around ten years ago so I can' remember.
Thanks for any replies.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to add items is via the web interface after logging in here.

Cut and paste the Ebay item id to the first field, the amount that you are prepared to pay (excluding shipping costs) in the second and the offset in seconds before the auction ends as the offset.

There are many discussions about choosing offsets in this Forum. Fundamentally the choice is left up to you precisely because there has never been an agreed consensus about what is best. Certainly different scenarios produce different outcomes. Personally I prefer offsets higher than the default of 6 seconds but that is because I often bid on items that attract other snipers and this gives me the advantage of the bid increment rule acting in my favour.

If you only want to win one of these auctions you can use the grouping option, putting them both in the same standard Group would mean that if you won the first the second snipe would be cancelled.

You only have to set up your snipes here, it is not usually advisable to bid at all on Ebay. The only time that might provide an advantage to you is if you want to place a low bid in order to remove a Buy It Now option that you don't want anyone else to take before the auction ends.

I also recommend that you read the answers provided on the FAQ tab above.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
The easiest way to add items is via the web interface after logging in here.

Cut and paste the Ebay item id to the first field, the amount that you are prepared to pay (excluding shipping costs) in the second and the offset in seconds before the auction ends as the offset.

There are many discussions about choosing offsets in this Forum. Fundamentally the choice is left up to you precisely because there has never been an agreed consensus about what is best. Certainly different scenarios produce different outcomes. Personally I prefer offsets higher than the default of 6 seconds but that is because I often bid on items that attract other snipers and this gives me the advantage of the bid increment rule acting in my favour.

If you only want to win one of these auctions you can use the grouping option, putting them both in the same standard Group would mean that if you won the first the second snipe would be cancelled.

You only have to set up your snipes here, it is not usually advisable to bid at all on Ebay. The only time that might provide an advantage to you is if you want to place a low bid in order to remove a Buy It Now option that you don't want anyone else to take before the auction ends.

I also recommend that you read the answers provided on the FAQ tab above.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
They are different items so I will just stick the max bid I want in here and not eBay.
Just out of interest what offsets do you use?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have set my default offsets (on the Settings page) to be 8 seconds on the Main server and 7 seconds on the Mirror.

It is rare that I change these when setting up my snipes.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.