Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

DESKTOP APPLICATION

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjay

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject: DESKTOP APPLICATION Reply with quote

A few things:

1. The desktop application is very slow e.g. when i try to refresh manually or add an item.
2. When trying to add an item it is very slow then tells me
"Could not add item, API returned:"
3. If i change the Price refresh interval under settings/preferences it doesn't save when i close the app and i have to change it again every time.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you generally find your internet connection to be acceptable or do you find that slow in other ways too sometimes ?

Are you managing a lot of snipes at any one time ?

Do you always get this error when adding a snipe ? So, have you never been able to schedule a snipe via the Desktop Manager ?

I agree that it should save the update interval in the same way that it does your Gixen id and password. It should be expected that the more frequent you have it the more work you are expecting it to do though, so that will inevitable slow things too.
jjay

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject: DESKTOP APPLICATION Reply with quote

My internet connection is fairly average with 6 items being sniped, and i do get the error message every time i try and add a snipe a bid through the desktop app.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be good to get more information about what is returned by the API, it never tells you any more than you've put above ?

Presumably you can't edit any existing snipes via the Desktop App either ?

When logging in and adding snipes via the web interface here you don't get any errors at all ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:38 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.