Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Feature Request: Bid on item if you dont win earlier auctio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wb1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject: Feature Request: Bid on item if you dont win earlier auctio Reply with quote

Hi Would it be possible to implement a feature whereby if you do not win an auction for one item it will bid on the next item specified.

For Example -

A seller is selling a few of the same items on ebay auction. They usually are listed within a few minutes of each other. I could set up within Gixen to bid on each of these items in a chain so if i did not win the first auction ending soonest it would then bid on the next item or the next one. The chain of bidding would be cancelled once one of the items is won.

This would give you multiple chances to win you item without having to worry about accidentally bidding and winning them all.

Hope my request makes sense!
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly what the current ordinary Grouping does.

Once the first item in a Group is won the rest of the snipes in that group are cancelled.

However this only works reliably if the auctions are not finishing very close together because snipes are in flight for a while before the bid is actually placed and hence cancelling them in the last few seconds is hard to implement. A couple of minutes between each auction is required really.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.