Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

INVALID AUTHORIZATION

View previous topic :: View next topic  
megix

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: INVALID AUTHORIZATION Reply with quote

Tonight my snipes failed due to "Invalid authorization". I have no idea what that means. How can I fix that problem. I have a bunch more snipes I was hoping to do tonight. Any help would be helpful.
This is the e-mail info that I've been receiving -

Item: 362993799707
Title: STRANGE TALES 155 (5.5) NICK FURY & DOCTOR STRANGE!
Status (main): INVALID AUTHORIZATION
Status (mirror): INVALID AUTHORIZATION
Your maximum bid: 5.57
Current price: 5.00
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can renew your authorisation from the second section on the Settings page, which comes up after you push the Settings button, while logged on here via the web interface.

It doesn't cost anything and just takes a couple of minutes to complete.

The reason you usually have to do this is because Ebay expires the authorisation after 18 months, but sometimes it also gets expired by Ebay for other reasons, things like changing your credentials with them.
limejuice

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject: INVALID AUTHORIZATION Reply with quote

Same thing happened to me on two auctions. I have never seen this error before, and have been using gixen for years.
limejuice

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just confirmed it was due to my ebay authorization expired, but I don't remember seeing this message in the past 10 days, and I have been on gixen several times in the past week. Maybe I just missed the warning.

"Your ebay authorization has expired or expires in less than 10 days. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail."
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject:

limejuice

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject: INVALID AUTHORIZATION Reply with quote

This is strange, I found that my ebay password was changed. I had to reset it in order to recover my account. I haven't changed my password, so it makes me wonder what is going on. I checked my ebay account and everything seems normal.

So, I think may be related to why I got INVALID AUTHORIZATION on two auctions.

I have re-authorized gixen, and now everything is OK. But not sure what it happened.

Posting to see if this happened to someone else.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing your password on Ebay does sometimes seem to invalidate the authorisation.
Dougie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to bump this thread, I had the same problem after ebay made me change my password. I was still able to update my snipes and add new ones.

It would be great if there was a way of alerting us to re-authenticate if this is noticed by the back end. It was a bit frustrating losing a few snipes because of this.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often the first indication that Gixen gets that an authorisation has been revoked is when it can't place a bid for you.

It's only at that stage that it gets the opportunity to alert you.
Dougie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I look back I had several, invalid authorisation statuses on snipes that I presumed failed because the ending bid was above my snipe. I only looked into it when one failed today that I should have been able to bid on and possibly won.

Perhaps an email stating 'your last bid failed due to invalid autorization, please refresh the authorisation through settings' would help make the site more user friendly and in my case would have helped me identify the problem after the first alert. Clearly the OP didn't know what it meant either and had several snipes failed so it's not an isolated user problem.

Just a thought though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.