Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen Desktop Manager - Login problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teaganm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject: Gixen Desktop Manager - Login problems Reply with quote

I downloaded the latest Desktop Manager from your site. (2.0.2) I'm running on Windows 10. I have it pinned to my taskbar.

When I click to open the manager it always brings up the Credentials Window to login. I do have the Remember my login box checked.
I do also have the Firefox extension loaded and it appears to work without issue. Also, every time I go to the web-site Gixen it makes me login. My credentials are preloaded on the web-site.

Is this a problem with the Desktop Manager? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order for the Desktop Manager to be able to save your credentials it requires write access to the working directory, I imagine that is why it isn't working for you.

Yes, the website will ask you to log into that interface on every visit. If you are saving the credentials in order to do that, you are using a browser function which is not something Gixen has implemented independently.
teaganm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject: Gixen Desktop Manager - Login problems Reply with quote

Thanks. I added write permission to the folder and that cured it.
Not sure why I had to do it, but that's not important now. Smile
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's needed because the Desktop Manager needs to store your credentials (encrypted) somewhere on your own computer and that's where it stores them in an .ini file.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.