Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Why did I lose this auction?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sspade

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: Why did I lose this auction? Reply with quote

Hi,

As you can see in my attached screenshots, my bid was ÂGBP 561 and the winning bid was ÂGBP 560, so my bid was ÂGBP 1 greater.
After reading the page [url]ebay.co.uk/help/buying/bidding/automatic-bidding?id=4014[/url], I can understand that the bid increment is ÂGBP 10 for this current price, so we may consider that a ÂGBP 1 greater bid is not a valid bid. But in the bid historic, we can see that at the 16/06 the best bid was ÂGBP 456,78 and on the 20/06, the best bid became ÂGBP 460. So the bid changes with an increment lower than ÂGBP 10.
Can anybody explain me why ?

Regards

[img]ibb.co/tH0rn2q[/img]
[img]ibb.co/dgsfCBh[/img][/url]
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bid increment rule applies to the auction price displayed by Ebay, not to the highest proxy bid which is generally hidden until it is outbid.

When the bid of GBP 460.00 was entered, Ebay was displaying a price of GBP 440.00 ( GBP 430.00 from the bid entered on the 19th by the bidder with 123 feedback plus one bid increment of GBP 10 from the bid of GBP 456.78 ) and since GBP 460.00 is indeed more than GBP 10 more than GBP 440.00 the rule is not broken and therefore that bid was accepted by Ebay. Since that bid was also greater than the actual proxy bid of GBP 456.78, it then became the highest bid.

Moving on to your bid of GBP 561.00, the bid of GBP 560.00 (probably more since that is exactly one bid increment more than the earlier bid of GBP 550) was placed over 8 minutes before the end of the auction. In order for your bid to be acceptable to Ebay it would have needed to be placed before that one, i.e. over 8 minutes before the auction end... that wouldn't be a snipe and therefore isn't something Gixen allows you to do.

As I often say, it's the highest accepted bid that always wins on Ebay, sadly if it's not accepted by Ebay it can't win.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.