Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Request for more complex grouping rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moishe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject: Request for more complex grouping rules Reply with quote

It would be great to be able to have Rules that activate or deactivate group bids depending on the result of an auction.

If I win an auction incurring fairly high shipping costs this may make bidding on other items of the same seller viable when shipping for those items alone would otherwise be prohibitively high.

In this case, I would like to enable a bidding group for items from this seller while deactivating another group.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'Contingency bidding' option that you can enable on the Settings page was a step in this direction, however I don't think it is widely used.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wanted a master group total bid amount. For example an $80 limit over 5 items, and each winning bid deducts from the $80 pool:

Item 1 bids $80 and wins at $21
Item 2 bids $59 and wins at $10
Item 3 bids $49 and wins at $30
Item 2 bids $19 and wins at $12
Item 2 bids $7 but loses to a $15 bid

Total of the winning bids was $73 of the $80 limit.
moishe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my understanding, the 'contingency bidding' option is global and so affects all bidding groups, so it is not really something I would want to enable. Or am I wrong in my interpretation?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enabling Contingency grouping introduces more Groups it doesn't override the standard Groups you still have those as well.
moishe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'll turn them on then. Up until now I have always been reluctant to do so , fearing that the config change might affect current snipes. You might want to add this tiny bit of info to the text in the config menu. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.