Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Not eligible to bid? No restrictions.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jochejuk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject: Not eligible to bid? No restrictions. Reply with quote

ITEM 39281427438. June 7 2020. Snipe was 15% higher than winning bid, many increments. No restrictions on my account. I placed a bid on another item from same seller manually immediately just to check with no problems. Several other snipes that day worked.
I see another post here for similar a few days ago with various speculations on the reason that seem far fetched, I see problem between Ebay and Gixen as this happened more than once to different accounts.
Please examine this and reply your findings.
Thank you.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Item 39281427438 doesn't seem to be a valid Ebay auction number, have you perhaps missed out a digit ?

I understand that you don't like speculation, however it is through thinking about these things and acting on the possibilities that they eventually get tracked down.

Have you tried following this up with a few more of the suggestions given elsewhere so that the sum of the community knowledge can also be increased from your efforts and maybe we get a step closer to finding out why Ebay is rejecting these bids ?

I can see you have tried a manual bid on an item from the same seller, so thanks, that's a start, it makes it a bit less likely, at least in your case, that it's a seller imposed block.

It has certainly happened more than once, but there are a lot of Gixen users, so more than once doesn't necessarily mean it's very common.

Last edited by Cupid on Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be a typo, indeed an incorrect item number. Please type in the correct item number and I will check what happened.
jochejuk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject: Yes type sorry Reply with quote

392814274384 correct. Thank you for following up.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject: Yes type sorry

Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noting:

Postage to: United States, Canada

Excludes: India, Brazil, Israel, Philippines, Ukraine, Indonesia, Jamaica, Qatar, Singapore, Greece, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Chile, Cameroon, Colombia, Morocco, South Africa, Malaysia, Egypt, Latvia, Kuwait, Macedonia, Costa Rica

Which country is your shipping address located in ?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The message from eBay is not specific, it only says "You are not eligible to bid on this item.". I will see if eBay can in the future provide a more specific error message.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.