Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Not eligible to bid on this item.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magentaquin

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject: Not eligible to bid on this item. Reply with quote

Hi. Can anyone help. I have just bid on two items and lost them both. Iwas not outbid. The message said that I am 'not eligible to bid on this item'. I've ever had this problem before and have no idea what happened. Both were being sold in the uk.

Cupid

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your shipping address also in the UK ?

Have you any non payment strikes in the past year ?

Do you have a Paypal account linked to your Ebay account ?

Do you have a very low amount of feedback on your Ebay account ?

These are some of the factors that sellers can choose to block bids from potential buyers.

It's probably easiest to ask the seller(s) directly what requirements they have chosen in order to block buyers that they regard as less desirable to them.

Last edited by Cupid on Fri May 08, 2020 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
magentaquin

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject: Not eligible to bid on this item. Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. But I've never had a problem with Ebay and have got no strikes against me at all. I've got 100% positive feedback. I've recently bought items on Buy Now with no problem at all. Both items I sniped were nothing special really and both from uk sellers. Any other ideas?
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The status that Gixen is displaying is as a result of Gixen trying to place a bid and Ebay refusing to accept that bid. The wording is usually directly related to the message sent back by Ebay. It's possible that there's a bit more detail in the logs but you'd have to contact Mario direct at the support email address given on the Contact tab above for that as he is the only one with access to Gixen server logs.

Do you think Gixen has misinterpreted the situation ?

Have you previously had bids successfully placed by Gixen on Ebay or is this a new Gixen account ?

Since the refusal of the bid originates with them, Ebay might also be able to provide more information too I suppose, if you contacted their customer service.

Have you already asked the sellers, as I suggested ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject:

magentaquin

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject: Replying...... Reply with quote

Yes I contacted the sellers and only one has replied to far.The seller says I'm not blocked and my bid just did not go through.

I've used Gixen and Ebay for years now with no problem and in fact used it a few days ago to buy shoes. The bids went through perfectly. I've emailed Mario but dare not use it until I can get this sorted out.
magentaquin

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 3:24 am    Post subject: Not eligible to bid on this item. Reply with quote

Guys I'm still stuck. On Mario's advice I called Ebay and asked them to check my account. They tell me that it's fine and that there are no blocks or restrictions on it at all. Do any of you have any ideas about this - I rely heavily on Gixen and now just dare not use it until I can get this glitch sorted out.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've done what you can do, if Ebay don't know why those bids were rejected by their own software then no one will.

My suggestion would be to place some manual bids and see if you can get the Ebay system to throw up any anomalies in the bidding process on their site directly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.