Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

How to prevent \"EBAY BID INCREMENT RULE NOT MET\"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cam94z28

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: How to prevent \"EBAY BID INCREMENT RULE NOT MET\" Reply with quote

I lose way too many auctions every day for the reason of "BID UNDER ASKING PRICE: EBAY BID INCREMENT RULE NOT MET". This means I bid just high enough to have technically won the auction, but not to have not met the minimum bid increment to have placed a bid.

I know I could just bid higher than the item is worth, but who wants to do that?
But to give an example, If I had bid $46.17 for an item, I would lose the item end in favor of the winning bidder at $46.00 because I didn't meet the minimum bid increment.

Is it possible that mirror users could have an option where gixen will increase the final bid by the minimum bid increment if it's within $x dollars of the final entered price?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this argument before on here and I understand it.

However, I remain unconvinced, because, for me, it just comes down to $46.17 not actually being the maximum amount that you are prepared to pay for the item.

It is my opinion that everyone should decide what is absolutely the maximum that they are willing to pay and enter that as their snipe amount.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.