Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

BID UNDER ASKING PRICE despite me being highest bidder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raveenshahdadpuri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject: BID UNDER ASKING PRICE despite me being highest bidder Reply with quote

Dear Mario and Team,

Re : BID UNDER ASKING PRICE despite me being highest bidder

I lost a Bid last night, despite being the Highest Bidder at USD 121.88, it only wentto bid to as high as USD 20.61 .

eBay Item: 133384709629

Which means, my Bid went through, but not to my maximum Bid i was willing to pay for and put into the Gixen sniper.

Details here :

Item: 133384709629
Title: OFFICIAL REX RAY COLLECTION STORE - Rex Ray - Poster
Status (main): BID UNDER ASKING PRICE
Status (mirror): OUTBID
Your maximum bid: 121.88
Current price: 20.61

I have read through all the Forum posts, about bid increment, shilling, ets. - none of that seems to apply to me.

So, i am really confused !! Embarassed

PLease advise.

Did i do something wrong ?

Thanks in advance.
raveenshahdadpuri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: BID UNDER ASKING PRICE despite me being highest bidder Reply with quote

raveenshahdadpuri wrote:
Dear Mario and Team,

Re : BID UNDER ASKING PRICE despite me being highest bidder

I lost a Bid last night, despite being the Highest Bidder at USD 121.88, it only wentto bid to as high as USD 20.61 .

eBay Item: 133384709629

Which means, my Bid went through, but not to my maximum Bid i was willing to pay for and put into the Gixen sniper.

Details here :

Title: OFFICIAL REX RAY COLLECTION STORE - Rex Ray - Poster
Status (main): BID UNDER ASKING PRICE
Status (mirror): OUTBID
Your maximum bid: 121.88
Current price: 20.61

I have read through all the Forum posts, about bid increment, shilling, ets. - none of that seems to apply to me.

So, i am really confused !! Embarassed

PLease advise.

Did i do something wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

PS -
i understand that the "The auction ended and the reserve was not met."
but
why did my automatic bid not go higher than USD20.61, when i put my MAX Bid at USD121.88 ??
Rickajho

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you modify your snipe in the last two minutes before the auction ended? That would be one reason why an original, lower snipe amount was used but gixen didn't have enough time to execute a modified snipe at $121.88. Thus the "two minute warning" on the bidding page every time you log in.

Rick
raveenshahdadpuri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: BID UNDER ASKING PRICE despite me being highest bidder Reply with quote

Rickajho wrote:
Did you modify your snipe in the last two minutes before the auction ended? That would be one reason why an original, lower snipe amount was used but gixen didn't have enough time to execute a modified snipe at $121.88. Thus the "two minute warning" on the bidding page every time you log in.

Rick

Thanks, Rick, for reply.

No, i did not change anything at all once snipe placed.

Original snipe placed 7-8 hours before, then went to bed, and woke up to this result Sad
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: BID UNDER ASKING PRICE despite me being highest bidder

Rickajho

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. I missed the point about your bid (and the high bid) being $20.61

Since there were no other bids beyond $20.61 - and your proxy amount at $121.88 did not meet the reserve price - your bid moved no higher. This is an eBay bid increment rule in context of a reserve auction - gixen can't force a bid higher than eBay bidding rules allow.

Reserve price auctions have a couple quirks about them and this is one of them. This one annoys some bidders because they think they have a "right" to the item if they have the high bid yet the reserve wasn't met - that's not true.

No one wins an auction with a reserve price unless their bid is equal to or higher than the reserve price set by the seller. Your bid at either $20.61 or $121.88 both have the same bottom line - neither apparently met the reserve. You could contact the seller to confirm this. Some will tell you what their reserve is (was), some won't.

Rick
raveenshahdadpuri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject: BID UNDER ASKING PRICE despite me being highest bidder Reply with quote

Thanks again, Rick.
Yes - my main query why was the max bid only reach 20.61, when mine was 121.88.

Don't worry - i am pretty chill ... i do not think i have a "right" to the item .... some sellers have refused to close sale in the past even when i won in the past, because not as high as they expected ... but , Zennnn. Smile

But , as you said,
i totally understand that i may NOT have met the reserve price - which i am totally OK with and i respect, but it should still should have auctioned up til 121.88 , right, and why stop at 20.61 ?! ....Odd ....
BUT,
i am sad if i there's shilling or bid increment rules.

I am ok if my Max bid of 121.88 was registered and still not met the reserve price.
If you know what i mean .....
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: BID UNDER ASKING PRICE despite me being highest bidder Reply with quote

raveenshahdadpuri wrote:

I am ok if my Max bid of 121.88 was registered and still not met the reserve price.

This is exactly what happened because that is how Gixen works.

The seller definitely had a reserve that was higher than this.

Ebay only displays an amount that is at most one bid increment higher than the next highest accepted bid though.

Not even the seller will know how much you were prepared to pay for it.
raveenshahdadpuri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: BID UNDER ASKING PRICE despite me being highest bidder Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
raveenshahdadpuri wrote:

This is exactly what happened because that is how Gixen works.

The seller definitely had a reserve that was higher than this.

Ebay only displays an amount that is at most one bid increment higher than the next highest accepted bid though.

Not even the seller will know how much you were prepared to pay for it.

Hi, Mark.
Greetings from Singapore - just seeing your message.
Much Thanks for your reply and explanation - it makes sense to me now.

Ironically,
i feel less bad now .... that my highest bed was still not enough, then so be it.
I would have been pretty bummed out if my bid was enough, but just did not go through.

Thanks again - Much appreciated Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.