Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen says I won... but I didn't - potential account mixup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
icymc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject: Gixen says I won... but I didn't - potential account mixup Reply with quote

I went to setting to check and I think I somehow linked with an account I've never heard of before and is very much not mine.

Does anyone know what's going on here? Did I potentially get outbid by another gixen user or was there an account mix up?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has never been an account authorisation change that was not sanctioned by the owner of the Gixen id before.

Were you using your own computer when you last updated the authorisation, perhaps you used credentials that were stored on that computer ?

Have you corrected the authorisation for your Gixen account now ?

What was the auction id involved ?

Last edited by Cupid on Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
There has never been an account authorisation change that was not sanctioned by the owner of the Gixen id before.

Were you using your own computer when you last updated the authorisation, perhaps you used credentials that were stored on that computer ?

Have you corrected the authorisation for your Gixen account now ?

What was the auction id involved ?

264678623248 was the ID.

I was using my phone which I used for all my previous bids. I updated the authorisation. I should also mention it would seem on ebay itself I never actually bid, despite setting my gixen bid higher than the winning bid.

I'm just trying to figure out what happened - Is the item sold? Who actually won?

Just really confused right now, thanks for helping!
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it looks like a snipe bid was placed with 5 seconds to go on an account with 749 feedbacks, and they won with that bid so yes the item was sold.

I can't say whether or not it was placed by Gixen or not though, only Mario has the access required to do that.

In your first post you implied that Gixen gave the snipe a 'WON' status, that would certainly indicate that Gixen placed the bid.

OK, so you've updated your authorisation now, when was the last time you did that ?

Last edited by Cupid on Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time was when I signed up a while ago, but I should've still been within the authorization period.

I'm gonna cut my losses and give up, it's just bad luck I suppose. Just felt slightly cheated to have an item sold when my bid was higher.

Thanks for the help. Even though we never figured out the reason, I'm just gonna assume gixen is gonna work properly in the future.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours appears to be a unique issue, at this stage.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you re-authorize in the meantime? If there is a problem, that will resolve it, but if you did, I can no longer see what happened here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.