Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

\"INVALID AUTHORIZATION \"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
strar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject: \"INVALID AUTHORIZATION \" Reply with quote

Today I logged in and gixen gave me a warning that I should re-authorize it soon.
This was strange, remember getting an email about this weeks ago warning me I will need to do this because Ebay changed things and gixen also has been retooled etc.
So today after I got the warning here I did another authorization successfully, all looked good then bang, lost a bid on an item and gixen says "INVALID AUTHORIZATION".
Obviously a re-linked Ebay again, but may I know what to do exactly to avoid this in the future? How do I know if it's properly authorized this time?
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you redo any existing snipes after you did the authorisation ?

If not perhaps that failed snipe used the old one ?

I think any authorisation only gets applied to snipes that are set up after it is in place, hence the warning being given early when it is about to run out.
strar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I didn't redo my snipe list, but I never had problems when I had to re-authorize and used the same list. First time I got this error in a year.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On those previous occasions that you've reauthorised has it been when your authorisation was already invalid or just about to become invalid ?

I'd recommend redoing your snipes, if you haven't done so since you last changed the authorisation. Then I'd be more confident that you'll be fine going forward.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject:

kidjensen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject: Invalid Authorizatiuon Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem. Very disappointed I'm missing Ebay bargains.... Is there a fix for this?
see below for message:-

Item: 303488030824
Title: Talk Talk You View Box
Status (main): INVALID AUTHORIZATION
Status (mirror): INVALID AUTHORIZATION
Your maximum bid: 21.21
Current price: 16.01

Opt out of notifications: gixen.com/optoutnotifications.php?username=kidjensen

Opt to receive notifications again: gixen.com/optinnotifications.php?username=kidjensen
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kidjensen,

I would recommend redoing the authorisation which can be done via the second section of the Settings page (which you get after pushing the Settings button) and then rescheduling all existing snipes.

You can also check the status of the authorisation on the Ebay side of things if you go to:

My Ebay -> Account -> Site preferences -> Third-party authorisations
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Authorization should be applied to active snipes when users re-authorize their account. What seems to be a problem is that some authorizations sometimes get invalid, and there is no notification to user of any kind. I see very few of these however.
Wedman08

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a similar problem. I had an auction the other day on which my bid was never entered. I reauthorized gixen so thought I was all set (in fact the warning came up again so I've reauthorized gixen twice). Just now I had another instance of gixen not placing my bid. See as follows :

Item: 233494453376
Title: CIRCADIAN RHYTHM Self Titled INCUS 33 LP uk *
Status (main): INVALID AUTHORIZATION
Status (mirror): INVALID AUTHORIZATION
Your maximum bid: 44.89
Current price: 23.27

My highest bid was higher than selling price so I would have won this auction.

Is there something I'm missing? Anything I can do to make sure this doesn't keep on happening? Thanks!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wedman08,

I just checked, and the authorization under your account is good, however the authorization on which snipe was scheduled isn't. Did you update this authorization before or after this snipe was scheduled?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be interesting to know if the authorisation looks OK from the Ebay side ?

Also if you have made any updates to your Ebay account recently, like changing credentials or payment methods etc ?
Wedman08

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Wedman08,

I just checked, and the authorization under your account is good, however the authorization on which snipe was scheduled isn't. Did you update this authorization before or after this snipe was scheduled?

I just had a snipe work successfully so it must have been that I updated the authorization after the snipe was set. The confusing part was that I had redone the authorization a few days ago, then set up some snipes, and then the need to redo the authorization came up again today. I reentered all my existing snipes after authorizing again today (and seeing the info here) so I guess that was the issue.

Thanks for your help!
Wedman08

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify I redid the existing snipes after that one I posted above failed.... So when authorizing eBay I guess it doesn't apply to snipes set prior to the authorization.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apology about that, they were supposed to get updated. I am looking into how this could have happened.
tiger2k

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same thing happened to me within the last hour on a snipe
I had entered last night (via the website).

ebay #223919551431

I checked my gixen settings, my account wasn't authorized (inactive).

When I checked my ebay settings, gixen was not authorized.

Sometime over the past week authorization somehow got revoked.

I just now reauthorized, it now shows authorized in both gixen
and ebay settings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.