Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Auth token is hard expired.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wmyers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:09 pm    Post subject: Auth token is hard expired. Reply with quote

I received the following message today:

Quote:
Auth token is hard expired. Auth token is hard expired, User needs to generate a new token for this application.

I had renewed the user agreement (it states 20 Feb 2020 when it was done).

Why did this happen and how can I prevent it from happening again?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend redoing the authorisation which can be done via the second section of the Settings page (which you get after pushing the Settings button).

You can also check the status of the authorisation on the Ebay side of things if you go to:

My Ebay -> Account -> Site preferences -> Third-party authorisations

I don't think we yet know all the reasons why these authorisations get revoked by Ebay, but things like changing Ebay credentials like your password or username sometimes seem to be associated with it happening.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add - maximum duration of ebay authorizations is 18 months. So they have to be renewed at least once every 18 months. And I can only guess why sometimes this needs to be done sooner.
racharoda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:01 am    Post subject: thank you Cupid logging into gixen website settings worked. Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
I recommend redoing the authorisation which can be done via the second section of the Settings page (which you get after pushing the Settings button).

You can also check the status of the authorisation on the Ebay side of things if you go to:

My Ebay -> Account -> Site preferences -> Third-party authorisations

I don't think we yet know all the reasons why these authorisations get revoked by Ebay, but things like changing Ebay credentials like your password or username sometimes seem to be associated with it happening.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:01 am    Post subject: thank you Cupid logging into gixen website settings worked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.