Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

really sad...first time ever gixen service has let me down.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sassey50kg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject: really sad...first time ever gixen service has let me down. Reply with quote

just lost out on the most beautiful item because my snipe was too late.
I am a subscribing member of given and I have used it for such I long time and I can't remember it ever letting me down.
Have I just been unlucky or is the service starting to get unreliable?

Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the auction number and what was the status on both the Main and Mirror tabs ?
sassey50kg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
What is the auction number and what was the status on both the Main and Mirror tabs ?

AUCTION ENDED EARLY OR SNIPE LATE

To be fair, maybe the seller added a 'buy it now' at their lowest price, from what I can see from the bid history?
Not sure why you would do that as a seller, but my bad if that was the case.

I do love Gixen really!
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if you look at the bids page, you can see that the seller accepted a 'Best Offer' of ÂGBP 75.00, nearly a day before the auction was due to end.

You would have to ask the seller why they did that rather than allow the auction to run its course.

I'm seeing a lot more 'Best Offer' buttons on auctions these days... and things more often go at lower prices as a result... You would have to ask Ebay why they are restricting their own and sellers income by encouraging that trend...
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject:

sassey50kg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yes, I saw that, but I contacted the seller and she said that she didn't accept a best offer, it went to auction and only 1 bid received....Thats why I thought it might be a bug in the given system....bit of a mystery.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller must be lieing to you, even if unintentionally so, if they don't know what they did when they received that offer.

To produce that output on Ebay and also for the description the seller has given you to be the truth would be a major failure of the Ebay site, the likelihood is extremely remote.

In any case, there isn't anything that Gixen software could have done to change the outcome for your bid.
sassey50kg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller just got back to me again, seems she did take a lower offer just before the bidding was due to finish???? WHY????

I think she was gutted as I told her my max bid was 40% higher than the offer she took! - And she knew about ebay snippers which made it even more crazy she took such a low offer.

So apologises, not gixens fault, I just didn't read the listing properly as usually buy it now prices are higher than the auction start bid...not the same....seems a silly system.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't a BIN, the amount of which would be set by the seller, it was Best Offer, that amount of which would be set by the buyer and then later accepted by the seller, as shown here.

The seller accepted that offer at 10:38:04PM GMT on 15 Feb 2020, causing the auction to end. The auction was started at 8:55:06PM GMT on 9 Feb 2020 with a duration of 7 days meaning it was due to end at 8:55:06PM GMT on 16 Feb 2020. So the seller accepted the offer 22 hours 17 mins before the auction was due to end.
Ramona

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also worth knowing that the Make An Offer button is removed from listings once the first bid has been placed.

If there's an item that you really, really want, it can be worthwhile manually placing a bid at the opening level, just to have this button removed. Placing a bid also used to remove the Buy It Now option from auctions which also had a BIN option (a practice which was called "BIN Stomping") - not sure whether that still works, though.

You obviously need to put your "real" best bid in Gixen after you have manually bid at the minimum level.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.