Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

bid not placed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adrpa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject: bid not placed Reply with quote

Concerning
383404207927 :

Snipe was placed at 52.00 but won by another bidder at 27.20 EUR (10 bids)
Snipe was placed at 82.00 but won by another bidder at 51.00 EUR (5 bids)

I simply got the message 'ended'. Which didn't make me happy.

What happended here ??
Rickajho

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were the snipes added or modified in the last 2 minutes before the auctions closed? If so that doesn't allow gixen enough time to do it's magic and place the bids.

Rick
adrpa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:38 am    Post subject: bid not placed Reply with quote

Not at all: about a day ahead of closing time.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you confirm that this is via the new API interface because you have reauthorised recently, or via the legacy one which is being phased out.

If you are not sure you can check this on your Settings page.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:36 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an omission on my part - Gixen tried to submit your bid on eBay Belgium, but this is not supported apparently. I am working on resolving this. Bids for all unsupported marketplaces will be submitted on ebay.com instead.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue is fixed now. My apology it happened in the first place.
adrpa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: bid not placed Reply with quote

mario wrote:

OK, thanks for the fix. The weird thing is that I've been using Gixen for years now, without any glitches.

I have a bid active at the moment. Will check in about 2 1/2 hours.
adrpa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: bid not placed Reply with quote

adrpa wrote:
mario wrote:

OK, thanks for the fix. The weird thing is that I've been using Gixen for years now, without any glitches.

I have a bid active at the moment. Will check in about 2 1/2 hours.

Next problem : 362904234843
Aurelie Nemours composition-Color Screen Printing-Autographed (by edition-f (78388))
View Item Description View Shipping Information

Offset: 7 ENDED 92.00 51.00 EUR (5 bids) WON

Only the winning bid is for 93 € and I didn't win at all !
These are not items you get a chance to buy on a daily basis. I can only hope to get another chance.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: bid not placed Reply with quote

adrpa wrote:

Aurelie Nemours composition-Color Screen Printing-Autographed (by edition-f (78388))

These are not items you get a chance to buy on a daily basis. I can only hope to get another chance.

Right, so it should have detected that you were OUTBID by an earlier bid of exactly the same amount... I wonder whether it didn't manage to do that because it was exactly the same amount ?

Of course even if you had bid a penny more, you still would have got OUTSNIPED by the later higher bid.

So, even if it erroneously thought you were winning after the bid was placed it still should have detected the higher selling price at the end of the auction. Perhaps this also needs looking into as a second point of failure ?
adrpa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: bid not placed Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
adrpa wrote:

Right, so it should have detected that you were OUTBID by an earlier bid of exactly the same amount... I wonder whether it didn't manage to do that because it was exactly the same amount ?

Of course even if you had bid a penny more, you still would have got OUTSNIPED by the later higher bid.

So, even if it erroneously thought you were winning after the bid was placed it still should have detected the higher selling price at the end of the auction. Perhaps this also needs looking into as a second point of failure ?

Yes, apparently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.