Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

gixen bid under a wrong name

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiddlelady

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:24 pm    Post subject: gixen bid under a wrong name Reply with quote

I have two ebay accounts. One for buying and one for selling. I originally signed up with Gixen under my selling account. Since then, I unlinked that account and linked into ebay for my buying account. I can see when I am in Gixen, that I am in my correct account name. However, when it did some bidding for me, it was under my seller account name. #324058440780 How can I stop this from happening again? Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First go to ebay.com and log out from there, otherwise Ebay assumes that you want to authorise the account that you are logged into there.

Next log into your Gixen account here and go to the Settings page, then remove the authorisation that you don't want and then select the reauthorise link. This time when you are sent to ebay.com you should be prompted to log in and so you can choose which Ebay account credentials you supply.

Once confirmed you should find that from then on Gixen bids on the account that you chose.

You might however also want to delete and set up any scheduled snipes tat you had when the authorisation was for a different account because I suspect the authorisation gets copied into the snipe when you set it up and so the old one might still get used for those, if you don't reschedule them.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now found a way to force login to eBay when granting authorization. Users now will always be prompted to log in to eBay.
kiddlelady

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject: gixen bid under a wrong name Reply with quote

Thanks for this response, but this is exactly what I had already done. I have done it yet again as per your instructions. I have another bid soon. I hope it works this time. Surprised/
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject: gixen bid under a wrong name

Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you also rescheduled your snipes, after doing the reauthorisation ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.