Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bug? - Bid not placed -\"under asking price\" (wh

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilwhiteduck

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:56 am    Post subject: Bug? - Bid not placed -\"under asking price\" (wh Reply with quote

Auction ID 184153035658
I had a snipe set that was over the next bid increment, but it wasn't placed, returning the auction end notice "bid under asking price" (which, of course, it actually wasn't)
I've seen others post similar issues. I wonder if the bug is still not fixed?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you recall how long in advance you set this snipe, by which I mean how many hours or days before was it added to the database ?

Also can you recall how it was submitted, was it via the web interface here, or via the Gixen Desktop Manager, or via the browser extension that adds buttons to the auction pages ?

I'm not postulating any suggestions as to why it happened, just trying to gather as much information that at the moment seems might be relevant to help track down the issue and get it fixed.
lilwhiteduck

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was between 1 and 2 hours prior to auction end and it was via the Gixen web interface here. Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, and that status is the same on both the Main and Mirror tabs ?

It does seem like "bid under asking price" has now become the default status when something unexpected happens... Which is unfortunate if true, since "unknown error" would be more appropriate.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:10 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The message "BID UNDER ASKING PRICE" is a bug (I will fix that soon), the real reason why this failed is "You are not eligible to bid on this item.".

There is some restriction on this item either placed by seller or eBay.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The display bug on Gixen's side is fixed now. The error displayed should now always be whatever eBay returns.
lilwhiteduck

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mario. I checked with ebay customer service and it seems there was a bidding limit incorrectly placed on my account in error by some ebay technical glitch (apparently a known issue to ebay, erroneously affecting some mature ebay accounts in good standing)
This is now fixed for my account, but thank you for highlighting the issue since I wouldn't have been aware and able to take it up with ebay otherwise.
But I wonder if this ebay issue, plus the display error, is the source of some other Gixen users' snipes being blocked with the same "bid under asking price" auction end notice returned?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, there was a display issue, but this particular issue is rare.
minnietheminx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject: another bid not placed issue/query Reply with quote

Boo hoo. Cries. Missed out on a rare item. My bid on item # 303466777290 (ebay uk) does not seem to have been placed. The item sold for a much lower price yet Gixen status shows BID UNDER ASKING PRICE. I usually love Gixen so sad about this. Happened after the reauthorisation (I think I did this on my Windows 10 laptop). I only have one ebay user profile.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much more than ÂGBP 13.77 was your snipe amount ?

Was it also exactly the same status on both the Main and Mirror tabs ?

Looking at the timing of the posts on this thread (against the ending time of this auction of 1:14:00PM GMT) it looks like this auction also finished before Mario fixed the display issue, so it seems likely that the actual problem was something different... but only Mario has access to look into the server logs to find out.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: another bid not placed issue/query Reply with quote

minnietheminx wrote:
Boo hoo. Cries. Missed out on a rare item. My bid on item # 303466777290 (ebay uk) does not seem to have been placed. The item sold for a much lower price yet Gixen status shows BID UNDER ASKING PRICE. I usually love Gixen so sad about this. Happened after the reauthorisation (I think I did this on my Windows 10 laptop). I only have one ebay user profile.

Gixen wasn't late on this one, but the response that it received is "The item is currently unavailable.". I have no idea why. I will contact eBay about it.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: another bid not placed issue/query Reply with quote

mario wrote:
"The item is currently unavailable."

It is however the second example of a failure where the auction page has a message:

Quote:
This seller is currently away until 09 Feb, 2020. If you make a purchase, there may be a delay in processing your order.

So, I'm suspecting that it may not be a coincidence.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I submitted an inquiry with eBay about this. We'll see what they respond. It may take some days to receive a response.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
I submitted an inquiry with eBay about this. We'll see what they respond. It may take some days to receive a response.

Thanks for the feedback mario and cupid, it'll be interesting to know what ebay say. I'll keep an eye on any snipes over the next week and particularly any with sellers on holiday. cheers, Min x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.