Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen didn't place my bid - claimed \"bid under askin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nrmabie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject: Gixen didn't place my bid - claimed \"bid under askin Reply with quote

Gixen failed to bid on two of my items and yet it still bid on another item that ended at a time between the two failures. For both of the non-bid items, Gixen says "bid under asking price" but in both cases my max bid was well over the starting/current bid.

This was one item Gixen failed to bid on for me: 193319154772
My max bid was $12.34 and the starting bid was $1.95. The item did not sell because no one bid on it.

This was the second item Gixen failed to bid on for me: 114088429032
My max bid was $6.15 and the starting bid was $4.99. The item did not sell because no one bid on it.

This was the item Gixen did bid on for me: 303462325315

Prior to the first of the 'no bids' I had reauthorized eBay as directed. When the first 'no bid' occurred, I went in and reauthorized eBay again, thinking that might be the problem.

I have not changed my password, so I don't know what the problem is. All I can think is that there is a Glitch in the programming somewhere.

I really want to know that I can depend on Gixen to place my bid or I will be unsubscribing.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is certainly new behaviour... Do you recall whether this is the first time that you have authorised the new Ebay API to be used by Gixen or did you enable that when first asked, before Christmas ?

We've seen a couple of instances of the wrong message being displayed from the actions of the new API when something odd happens and my first thought is that is what may have happened here... but it will take Mario to investigate further into the logs to ascertain if that might be the case.

Have you ever bought from any of these sellers before, or had any other interaction with them, for example asking them about shipping costs ?
kangarooo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:57 am    Post subject: also two failed bids Reply with quote

I have also had 2 failed bids - #174171728684 and #17417154757 - both well over the final price. I checked and linked my account as active before Christmas, as directed by you.
Both items ended with the status of 'Bid under asking Price'! (despite my massively higher snipe!)
There is definitely an issue, as my bids were placed hours in advance and they had never failed before.
Distressed that your system is not working! Awaiting an explanation.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: also two failed bids Reply with quote

kangarooo wrote:

I think you have missed a character from this one; 11 characters is not a valid auction id format.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: also two failed bids

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

174171728684 failure was caused by a bug that was fixed since. My apology about that.
custombill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject: Failed bid Reply with quote

Hi, I've just started using your software the past week or so with good results, but a few days ago I had one that never bid up to my limit. It was eBay item # 254493046263
It sold for $15.50 and my high bid limit was $21.77 other auctions I was sniping from the same seller went through as they should have, win or lose. Can you tell me why this one failed? Thanks, Bill.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What status did Gixen give this snipe both on the Main and Mirror tabs, after it had completed ?

Can you remember how this snipe was created?

Was it via the web interface here, the Gixen Desktop Manager or via the browser extension that puts a button on the auction pages ?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Failed bid Reply with quote

custombill wrote:
Hi, I've just started using your software the past week or so with good results, but a few days ago I had one that never bid up to my limit. It was eBay item # 254493046263
It sold for $15.50 and my high bid limit was $21.77 other auctions I was sniping from the same seller went through as they should have, win or lose. Can you tell me why this one failed? Thanks, Bill.

custombill, this failure was caused by the same bug. It has been fixed since. My sincere apology to you too, hopefully you can find a similar item again.
custombill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Failed bid Reply with quote

Thanks Mario hope you are correct Wink
Couple other questions:
1) I have noticed that the desktop manager seems quite slow in adding, editing and deleting auction listings. Is there any any to speed it up or is this just a server latency issue? Would it be better practice just to add and edit through the website as it seems much faster?

2) I was looking into the Android app but noticed the reviews were mixed. Would it be better to access the website through my phones browser to make edits when I'm away from my computer? Thanks again, Bill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.