Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Reauthorizing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GarageRa t

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject: Reauthorizing Reply with quote

If I reauthorized already when asked a couple weeks ago, do I need to again as I just received an email for reauthorizing update?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not essential if you've done it recently and the Settings page indicates that the authorisation is Active and current.

There is no harm in doing it again though.

There's also no harm in removing the authorisation for the legacy interface as that won't be being used for all those that have authorised the new interface from now on.
daknyny

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject: reauthorizing Reply with quote

Trying to reauthorize from the Gixen settings page and I get transferred to the Ebay authorize page. I hit AGREE and then get transferred back to a
kind of blank Gixen page.
If I then go into Gixen Settings, I still see this:

You do not have a linked eBay account.
Link/Re-authorize Gixen on your eBay account (valid for 18 months)
Unlink eBay account

Why cant a link/re-authorize?

Thanks,
david
voltage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: reauthorizing Reply with quote

daknyny wrote:
Trying to reauthorize from the Gixen settings page and I get transferred to the Ebay authorize page. I hit AGREE and then get transferred back to a
kind of blank Gixen page.
If I then go into Gixen Settings, I still see this:

Unlink eBay account

Why cant a link/re-authorize?

Thanks,
david

I'm having the same issue on both Firefox and Chrome.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: reauthorizing

gmo8rx4ciaq0i

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same issue here. Gixen is currently unusable! Sad
foresterdon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
It's not essential if you've done it recently and the Settings page indicates that the authorisation is Active and current.

There is no harm in doing it again though.

There's also no harm in removing the authorisation for the legacy interface as that won't be being used for all those that have authorised the new interface from now on.

Not sure about re-authorisation of a current Active - as that seems to be exactly where my current Network Error problems started. 402055074637

Perhaps hold off until this issue is sorted if you reauthorised recently and the Settings reflects that.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please log out of Gixen and then log back in again and confirm that even after that the Settings page is still not updated with their latest authorisation request ?
daknyny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject: reauthorizing Reply with quote

Logging out and then back in again... went to settings...
And it staill states that
------
Unlink eBay account
--------------------------------------
Legacy interface (informational only, safe to ignore, obsolete and being retired).
Legacy eBay authorization token status: Active.
Your legacy eBay authorization for eBay account d***ny expires on Sun, Apr 5, 2020.
Unlink eBay account (legacy interface)
-------
Treeee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having trouble with the reauthorization from my desktop browser last night, but I tried it this morning from my iphone using the Google Chrome app and it worked, although I had to do it twice after receiving an error the first time.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daknyny,

OK, Mario will need to look into that since I had the same issue yesterday and he solved that... perhaps that fix didn't get rolled out to all the servers and perhaps your account is processed from a different one from mine ?

If it's telling the truth though, it means you should still be able to schedule snipes as you still have a valid legacy authorisation, which should still be usable for the next few weeks at least.
daknyny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject: reauthorizing Reply with quote

But after a few weeks when legacy goes away, then what?

I guess I just sit tight and hope that the server I'm on gets
the fix?

David
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it needs fixing before the legacy interface is retired completely in a few weeks time... I'm just saying you should still be able to use the service while we wait for Mario to fix it (again).
gmo8rx4ciaq0i

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to reauthorize! Seems to be working as of 10:30am PST.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may have been a temporary eBay issue, I made no changes since yesterday. What would greatly help me with the issue is if someone could email me screenshots of this (including visible URLs).

From statistics that I look at, this is working for vast majority of users. I will, however, work on resolving it for all users, until fully resolved.
NSM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Sniping on wrong account still + Bid Under message Reply with quote

I won this item by mirror but got this message and history does not say I won.

Status (main): BID UNDER ASKING PRICE
Status (mirror): HIGH BIDDER
Your maximum bid: 75.57
Current price: 63.50

Cannot use a paid for account with confidence any more.
NSM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Sniping on wrong account still + Bid Under message Reply with quote

NSM wrote:
I won this item by mirror but got this message and history does not say I won.

Status (main): BID UNDER ASKING PRICE
Status (mirror): HIGH BIDDER
Your maximum bid: 75.57
Current price: 63.50

Cannot use a paid for account with confidence any more.

Now this is really pissing me off, 2 snipes a few hours apart to the same seller and it has put the wins on different accounts. Not made any changes myself Both won by mirror.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSM,

What is the other account / item id? I am not sure I see what the problem is here.
NSM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject: Error sniping 333497972077 Reply with quote

mario wrote:
NSM,

What is the other account / item id? I am not sure I see what the problem is here.

Item 333497972077

Have emailed you information about my eBay accounts.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSM,

That's the same item as you were talking about above, isn't it ?

I think Mario wanted to know about the other one because you said
NSM wrote:
2 snipes a few hours apart to the same seller and it has put the wins on different accounts

If your problem is that you want a different Ebay account to do the bidding you need to first log out of ebay.com (because if you don't Ebay just assumes you want the one you are logged into).

Then log into your Gixen account, go to the setting page and reauthorise the account. This time Ebay will prompt you to log in, so you can choose which account details you want... after you've confirmed that, all future snipes you schedule will cause bids to be placed via that account on Ebay.

If that's not the problem you are having please can you explain in more detail exactly what the problem is because it would appear that neither Mario or myself are understanding where the issue lies, for you.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject: 2 different item numbers Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
NSM,

That's the same item as you were talking about above, isn't it ?

I think Mario wanted to know about the other one because you said
NSM wrote:
2 snipes a few hours apart to the same seller and it has put the wins on different accounts

If your problem is that you want a different Ebay account to do the bidding you need to first log out of ebay.com (because if you don't Ebay just assumes you want the one you are logged into).

Then log into your Gixen account, go to the setting page and reauthorise the account. This time Ebay will prompt you to log in, so you can choose which account details you want... after you've confirmed that, all future snipes you schedule will cause bids to be placed via that account on Ebay.

If that's not the problem you are having please can you explain in more detail exactly what the problem is because it would appear that neither Mario or myself are understanding where the issue lies, for you.

Yes that is basically the problem but it is showing authorised on one account but bidding on another randomly without making any changes.

2 items won using the same settings went on different accounts.

I have already logged out of all account US and UK on all open browsers but it did not make a difference. I am now going to cancel all snipes then un-link and re-authorise again before sniping them again.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it bids from the one that was authorised when you set the snipe ?

That would be if it copies the authorisation into the snipe when it is created and that when you unlink it on Gixen it doesn't actually tell Ebay to revoke it as well, it just throws away what it has in the membership record.

In any case I would think that doing as you suggest and getting the authorisation right on the account before setting up all the snipes again is going to sort this out for you.
siwhiteh1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject: Reauthorization Link Missing Reply with quote

I'm trying to reauthorize from the Gixen settings page as per email instructions. When I click on Settings in the Gixen app on my android tablet, the link to reauthorize is not there. Any advice please?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Reauthorization Link Missing Reply with quote

siwhiteh1 wrote:
Settings in the Gixen app

The Settings button that you are looking for is only available on the web interface, so you need to log in here and then it is below the tabs but above all your snipes, to the left of the 'Logout' button.

Last edited by Cupid on Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
siwhiteh1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject: Settings Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Mark. It worked perfectly when I went in via Chrome to Gixen.com

Much appreciated!

Sue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.