Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

I think mirror sniper service caused higher cost!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vonnie50

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject: I think mirror sniper service caused higher cost! Reply with quote

I’m thinking my bids using Gixon Mirror service possibly caused me to pay higher price. eBay Item number: 274216343817
HERE’S WHY:
Look at how suspicious the timing is and the fact the other bid against me was not only at the exact same time, but shows the win going to me, why? And the other bidder has absolutely no feedback rating!
I truly believe this is a system issue as to why I ended up paying my top bid and not paying only a little more than the original bidder. In essence, I bid against myself!!! I’m definitely afraid to use this service in the future if this is what’s going to be happening!
Please look closely at VERY SUSPICIOUS BIDDING HISTORY and advise if you agree also there’s a problem. Thank you!!!!!! Mary
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to what I see this auction was won by the account with no feedback, since you are saying that you did win but that the other bidder had no feedback, is that your account or not ?

The only way you can effectively bid against yourself on Ebay is to have more than one Ebay account, do you ?

To be honest I can't see anything suspicious about it anyway, two different Ebay accounts placed bids at exactly the same time, certainly that's an unlikely coincidence, but what makes you think it's 'suspicious' in any way ?

I also don't understand why you are, in particular, targeting the Mirror account aspect in your account, there was in any case only one bid placed from any particular Ebay account on this auction, that's also not very unusual even with a Mirror account, since this feature is designed to provide a backup should the bid fail from one or other of the Gixen servers.

I think I'll leave it there for now, I'd need more information, in the form of answers to the questions I've already posed, any more would probably be the result of pure speculation on my part about the circumstances of this auction win.

Last edited by Cupid on Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vonnie50

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

I do, in fact, have another eBay account I created awhile ago which I haven't used yet. So, of course, for that reason, it does have zero feedback. It's been sitting idle for awhile as my plan is to use it for selling only... not buying. I'm just waiting for all my physical therapy to end before I begin selling. Unfortunately, we were rear-ended in an auto accident and recovery is taking a bit longer than expected. This account is registered with eBay under a completely different email address and password. It is NOT registered with you. I haven't bothered to check that email account in a long time.

Now, with you're inquiry of a second User account, I have checked it. It does show two emails received from eBay pertaining to this auction. I do not understand why it would show any emails from eBay for this auction? AND, I most certainly did not bid against myself using this account... of all the preposterous things for a person to even consider doing! Anyways, the first email from eBay says, "Outbid. Raise your bid of $22.50 for MARY ENGELBREIT SECRET LOVE FIGURE FIGURINE". The second email from them says, "MARY ENGELBREIT SECRET LOVE… sold for $22.50, but there's more!" (which is simply referring to links eBay put in it to other items still available to buy).

I surmise you are going to tell me to contact eBay as to why their system would take a bid I placed with your sniper service and show it as being placed by both of my eBay accounts even though only one account is registered with you. This is so very confusing! Why would it do that? Does this mean I have to stop using your sniper service?

Also, eBay billed me for the auction under the account I have registered with you since it shows at my end it is the account that won the bid. I have paid for the item from that account. I wonder why it shows on your end the account with zero feedback won the auction?

The only thing I've done differently prior to setting up this snipe was to follow the instructions in the email sent out by your company yesterday, January 26, regarding Secondary eBay authorization. Could my doing as requested by that email have caused this problem?

I sure hope you can shed some light as to why this happened or do I need to call eBay?

Thanks again, Mary
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's most likely that you have set the primary and secondary authorisations from the Settings page to be your two different Ebay accounts.

Currently the Mirror is using the secondary authorisation and the Main server is using the first one... so this could explain this behaviour, different servers using different authorisations that actually relate to different Ebay accounts.

So, I suggest that you go and set those up again and make sure that they are both authorising the same Ebay account to be used by your one Gixen account.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Vonnie50

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Mark, I'm completely at a loss as to how this happened since I've not touched my unused eBay User ID account in ages. Just wish I understood instead of being left to wonder. It obviously happened when I did the Secondary eBay authorization Link/Re-authorize on the 26th because when I checked the unused eBay account it show your company as having third party authorization granted on the 26th. I have deleted that authorization now.

Then I proceeded from Gixen Settings to establish Secondary eBay authorization to Link/Re-authorize my actively being used account. After doing so I doubled checked both accounts third party authorizations and all authorizations only show now on my actively used account... there are none on the inactive account now.

Below I copied and pasted the third party authorizations for my account registered with your site as they stand now.
Please let me know if this looks accurate for both of Gixen's servers be able to utilize? Thanks so much for all your help! -Mary

Gixen Inc. (created Jun-16-19) - Gixen Revoke this authorization

eBay , Inc. (created Jan-09-20) Revoke this authorization

Gixen Inc. (created Jan-27-20) Revoke this authorization

eBay Marketplace (created Jan-27-20) Revoke this authorization
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should be all set to go again now.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is quite unfortunate that you had different authorizations for two different ebay accounts. If this was a permanent state of things, I would see that I check for this somehow, but this is merely a transition period. Once it's over, there will be a single authorization again.
sixofusplustwo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: 274227373658 Reply with quote

Hello Mario,

I just had the exact same problem with eBay lot 274227373658.

I have the mirror as well as the main server on Gixen.

I had a bid scheduled on this lot but when the bid was executed there were 2 bids executed, one on the main server and one on the mirror at the same time. Nothing unusual in this, as that's what is supposed to happen.

My problem is that the bids were from 2 different eBay accounts that I have.

The main server used my Gixen linked account and the mirror server used my second eBay account which has never been linked to Gixen.

I checked my settings and authorizations on Gixen and they are both set to the correct eBay account.

On this item I was in fact bidding against myself and it cost me several $'s!

I have used Gixen for years and never had this issue.

I suspect this will be another eBay glitch but as a result I have cancelled all my pending bids with Gixen until this issue is resolved.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, something is going on... I've just had two occurrences myself.

Very odd indeed, and I haven't figured out why it's happened, yet.

I have logged on to that other Ebay account on ebay.com recently... but I generally use that account to purchase 'Buy It Now' items not snipe ones via Gixen. I did have that account linked to a separate Gixen account though, but hadn't scheduled anything on that account for many months.
sixofusplustwo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject: 274227373658 Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

Something is definately not right.

I just checked the 5 snipes I had scheduled overnight.

Two did not activate because BID WAS UNDER ASKING PRICE.

The third was the one described in my original post.

The fourth was executed but both the Gixen main server and the mirror server used the non linked eBay account to bid.

The fifth was exactly the same as the third described: Main server used the Gixen linked account and the Mirror used the non linked eBay account. This time it only cost me a few cents bidding against myself.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you recall whether you were logged into those accounts while scheduling your snipes ?

I'm trying to figure out some kind of link up via session cookies, or something...

I'm often logged on to both accounts, one on ebay.co.uk (the one I have authorised to my main Gixen account) and the other on ebay.com (the one that I didn't think I did have authorised, but has now bid and won on auctions I schedule snipes for on Gixen).

The account that's won them appears to have been executed from the Mirror server (from the timing, as I had that one firing first) and then the bid from the Main has come in later from the account that I would expect, as I say the one I know is linked to the Gixen account that I scheduled the snipe on. But, like you, it's just unnecessarily pushed the winning bid up to that maximum.
sixofusplustwo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject: 274227373658 Reply with quote

When I scheduled the bids I would have been logged on to both accounts at the same time:

Non Gixen linked account on ebay.com.au

Linked account on ebay.com.

That's how I have worked the accounts for years, so nothing unusual there.
strassenfest

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had this happen to me on a bid, cost me close to $140! I've always used a separate eBay account for Gixen and another for manual bids/buy it now auctions. Somehow Gixen grabbed my other account and forced me to bid against myself. Still in shock that I lost that kind of money on an error! I might hold off on Gixen until this transition period is over.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had to be logged in to that other eBay account when renewing authorization, otherwise there is no way it would happen. However, this is concerning.

I will send an announcement shortly, but I decided to speed things up a bit - now if you have the new authorization, the new interface is used on both mirror and main server. This will prevent events such as this from happening again.

The old interface / authorization is now called "legacy". For users who granted new authorization it will no longer be used.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same thing happening: I have two different ebay accounts, the main server bid with one ID, the mirror server with the other, so I effectively paid my maximum by bidding myself up. This is VERY concerning.
Postercowboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further information on my above post: I entered the snipe from one account, both main server and mirror are linked to this ID. On my secondary account, both servers are linked to my other ID
After the auction, my account showed OUTBID. At the same time, the Gixen mirror placed another bid from my secondary ebay account, successfully winning the auction against myself at my maximum bid. It cost me about $6 this time, but this thing can cost me serious money.
Postercowboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
You had to be logged in to that other eBay account when renewing authorization, otherwise there is no way it would happen. However, this is concerning.

I just renewed my authorizations for both accounts, making sure that I was logged out of the other while doing so. I keep my fingers crossed that this will indeed take care of the problem.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something definitely changed between one and two days ago... I had both authorisations set up weeks ago and both servers were definitely using the same account until then.

I did nothing to change anything to do with authorisations, and yet suddenly the Mirror started bidding from a different account.

I've now removed all the authorisations for both Ebay accounts and both Gixen accounts on both Gixen and Ebay sides.

I'm therefore starting again from scratch and I'm only going to authorise my main Gixen account with my main bidding account. I'm going to deliberately leave the other Ebay account and Gixen account without any authorisations at all for now, I don't use that account with Gixen very often anyway.
yukon22

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem. Since mid day yesterday 2/1/20 my selling eBay account has been biding as well as my buying eBay account though I was only logged in at Gixen with my buying account. Caused a few situations of bidding against myself which obviously caused me to pay more for any auctions I won. My selling account was used to buy but I haven't used it in years for that,. I went into Gixen and deleted my selling account and have my fingers crossed that will work.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have a different but related problem.

Having removed all authorisations on both sides, as I mentioned above, I've then gone to set up the authorisation on the new interface (not the legacy).

All seems fine and the authorisation appears on the Ebay side, however when I go back to the Gixen settings page it's not recognising that anything has been set up there.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

This was a bug, it's fixed now, if you go to the settings page you should see everything correctly now.

I was quite surprised how many users have multiple eBay accounts, and linked two different accounts on two different interfaces. 302. My apology for not predicting this could happen. In retrospect, it was possible to implement checks against this, but it never crossed my mind it would be an issue at all, and especially not so common.

This (bidding against yourself) can no longer happen, as now both main and mirror use the same (new) interface for users who provided the new authorization.

The old (legacy) authorization is no longer possible to renew.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is looking as I would expect now, thanks Mario.

The only very minor thing that is not as I expect now is on the Mirror tab it still says:

Quote:
Scheduled bids for user ***

... on the Main tab it's back to indicating my Ebay account name with the 2nd to 4th character replaced by '*' though, as has been the case for some years now.

Last edited by Cupid on Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, indeed it is, thanks Mario.
lawrence dolan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject: Bidding against myself Reply with quote

Hi: I also have a buying and selling account and ended up bidding against myself this morning on the mirror account. The item number was 352948901172.

Mario, am I correct in understanding the problem has been fixed or do I need to do something more?

Thanks.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I gather, what Mario is saying is that he's changed it so that only one authorisation is used between the two servers, and if you have the newer version that is used in preference.

So even if you did have two different Ebay accounts authorised on the two different authorisations it should no longer be possible for you to bid against yourself.

So, as far as we know, yes, it's fixed... but, of course, if you still see anything unexpected happening from now on please keep reporting it.

I guess there are still going to be cases where the 'wrong' Ebay account is registered against the new authorisation, and therefore people end up buying things from an Ebay account that they had not expected to be registered with Gixen... but at least they won't be bidding against themself.

The single authorised account can now also quite easily be sorted out using the Gixen Settings page.
lawrence dolan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark: I have a buying account and a selling account. Gixen was linked to my buying account but it is now linked to my selling account.

I go to the settings page and delink the link to the selling account. However, when I attempt to relink, I am automatically linked to the selling account and not given the opportunity to relink to my buying account.

Any advice? Thanks. Larry
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry, go to ebay.com and log out of eBay. Then repeat the linking in Gixen and you will be asked to sign in to eBay.
lawrence dolan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: Double Bidding Reply with quote

Thanks Mario. That worked.

Fortunately, I am only $7 from bidding against myself.

I will submit a snipe tomorrow to confirm all is well.

Larry
yukon22

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Bid on eBay item 114086178413 again. I thought I completely deleted the old account from GIXEN that I don't use anymore. Maybe I'm missing something. Please advise.
Postercowboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem has NOT been fixed. In the last five hours, I bid against myself repeatedly, winning items against myself from both accounts. Double bids were executed on all of my snipes.

At the time the bids were placed, I was NOT logged in on my secondary account.

Please let me know how to disable the mirror service until this problem has been fixed.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yukon22, double bid is fine - it means your bid was sent from both main and mirror servers. What was discussed here is different - when some users link two different ebay accounts and end up bidding against themselves.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Postercowboy wrote:
The problem has NOT been fixed. In the last five hours, I bid against myself repeatedly, winning items against myself from both accounts. Double bids were executed on all of my snipes.

At the time the bids were placed, I was NOT logged in on my secondary account.

Please let me know how to disable the mirror service until this problem has been fixed.

Can you please give me an example item id, or at least your username? It shouldn't have happened in the past 5 hours. You didn't need to disable mirror even before the changes, just remove the legacy authorization from the settings page. You don't need it anyway.
yukon22

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
yukon22, double bid is fine - it means your bid was sent from both main and mirror servers. What was discussed here is different - when some users link two different ebay accounts and end up bidding against themselves.

Thanks Mario for your quick reply
That was double bid from my two accounts
On eBay item 114086178413 that ended 2 Feb 2020 at 1:38:48PM PST. I had a gixen snipe set for $50. If you look at the bid history the two bids for $50 at Feb 2020 at 1:38:43PM PST are both me one from my buying account and one from my selling account. I was logged in as yukon22 on gixen, my selling account is superdave. Hope this info helps and thanks for patience
Postercowboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario,

one example is item 254493600862

Snipes were placed under ebay ID filmposter.net

I sent you two messages to your support email yesterday with both my ID and a sample confirmation email I received. Please check your inbox.

I have now unlinked the legacy interface for both accounts.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is these were scheduled before the changes that Mario made, but still used the old authorisations as that is what was stored with the snipes.

Because I suspected this might be possible, I removed the authorisations on the account I didn't want bidding from the Ebay side, not just from the Gixen Settings page.

I think for snipes scheduled from now on that you should be OK though... but it might be wise to re-schedule any that were input before this afternoons changes.
Postercowboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
My guess is these were scheduled before the changes that Mario made, but still used the old authorisations as that is what was stored with the snipes.

You are correct, the bids were entered before the last changes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.