Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

EBAY SELLER BLOCK ME FROM BIDS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
larrytown

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: EBAY SELLER BLOCK ME FROM BIDS Reply with quote

This seller had several items. I won one set (283322785421 ) lost another as bid was under asking price, but was blocked from placing another bid on item #283321195988 . How can i be blocked on one item and not another? the auction ended jan 5 so I haven't paid it yet as I wanted to wait for other auctions to end and get a combined shipping price.maybe the seller has a setting that unless you pay right away you are blocked ;but that still does not explain why i could bid on another item, maybe only one item per 24 hour period. Also the ebay rep said that snipes are now banned, but that is not true. But there is no record of a bid having been placed, maybe Gixen is at fault?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the exact wording of the status given on the blocked snipe ?

The status is derived from what Ebay sends back when Gixen attempts to place the bid.

Sniping is certainly tolerated by Ebay, your customer service representative is, at best, badly informed.
larrytown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: EBAY SELLER BLOCKED BIDS Reply with quote

ENDED 8.99 7.69 USD You are not permitted to bid Unfortunately, this seller has decided that you are not permitted to bid on their listings. You may contact the seller via the "Ask Seller Questions" feature if you want additional details.
LARRYTOWN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject: EBAY SELLER BLOCKED BIDS Reply with quote

I also received a message from the seller telling me that they had a power failure at his location, but I do not see how that would affect my ability to place a bid. either way I will cancel all bids with them.HE TOLD ME THAT THEY DO ALLOW COMBINED SHIPPING BUT STILL ITS THE SHIPPING CHARGES THAT EATS UP ANY Discounts. i probably spend about a thousand dollars a year on just shipping charges. that must stop.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject: EBAY SELLER BLOCKED BIDS

larrytown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject: ebay seller blocked me from bidding Reply with quote

Received an updated message from the seller, he said that because my contact information (telephone number ) was not correct, they blocked me because of issues that they had with other customers in the past. My ebay telephone number was incorrectly listed. so i guess they have that right.Still, if that is how they want to do business, I will purchase elsewhere. They wouldn't even respond to my attempts to contact the seller as it said that the seller was not responding to questions.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the updates.

Yes, it is sometimes hard to fathom why sellers act as they do.
nycron

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject: unable to place bid Reply with quote

I too received a "You are not permitted to bid Unfortunately, this seller has decided that you are not permitted to bid on their listings. You may contact the seller via the "Ask Seller Questions" feature if you want additional details." on bidding for two different listings. 372903376404 and 372903386987
I had successfully bid for an item from the seller the previous day v(3143491979943), and written the seller to let them know I was waiting to pay so that, if I won on these items I could pay from combined invoice with reduced shipping.
I have written the seller to clarify why the bids were denied but have yet to hear back. It's strange because the seller was previously very responsive to my questions about the items.
I did receive an email from ebay prior to the later bids reminding me to pay, could this have something to do with this?
In any case, could you tell me what refusal notice I would have gotten if I had placed the bids myself, so I can contact ebay? Does ebay know how the bids were placed?
Thanks,
Ron
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would get the same messages for manual bids, they come straight from eBay. eBay can see how the bid was placed, it's OK to say Gixen placed them for you, but this is irrelevant. Your bid was blocked by eBay based on restriction set by the seller.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.