Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

I bid 8.79 but auction ended at 8.00 ... why?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robertutk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: I bid 8.79 but auction ended at 8.00 ... why? Reply with quote

According to eBay the increment from 5.00 to 24.99 is .50 so why does Gixen often not place my bid, when the auction ends at 8.00 and my max is 8.79?

ebay item 202861582880

Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What status is Gixen giving this snipe, after the auction has completed ?
Rickajho

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you placing snipes or modifying snipes in the last two minutes before the auction ends? If so chances are high that the snipe cannot be executed before the auction is over.

Rick
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is one possibility, that Rick has suggested.

It also affects things when users of the service place their own bids independently/manually, or combine the use of Gixen with other services that might place bids earlier than Gixen even attempts to do...

We need a bit more information before we are going to be able to track down the exact cause in this particular case...

However, our experience of providing guidance here and monitoring these discussions is that whatever the cause it's unlikely to be with the Gixen implemention... because if that were the cause we know that we'd be dealing with far more issues here than we are at present, simply because there are so many people using this service every day...

From my experience the most common cause of this type of thread being started, especially where some sort of consistent failure over time is mentioned, is some sort of misunderstanding of how and what this service is doing for it's users... and the more we are able to be open in explaining how it works the less often people do things that inadvertently affect the service that Gixen is able to provide for them.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Robertutk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says "Bid Under Asking Price" and has the link for "Why did I lose this auction"

I did not create nor modify during the final 2 minutes
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you actually win the auction by placing any bids outside of scheduling Gixen to place them ?

Ebay does not allow a later lower bid to be placed on an auction so this might account for such behaviour, Gixen is effectively blocked from placing its own bids in these circumstances.
Robertutk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did nothing, but schedule Gixen. There is no easy answer, but it has happened before. Gixen seems confused about the bet increments. My 'add on' amount is always .29 above a .50 cent increment, thus bidding 8.79.
Rickajho

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robertutk wrote:
I did nothing, but schedule Gixen. There is no easy answer, but it has happened before. Gixen seems confused about the bet increments. My 'add on' amount is always .29 above a .50 cent increment, thus bidding 8.79.

Looking at the bid history (no retractions etc.) the only thing I can think of is you may have actually placed the snipe for 8.29 instead of 8.79. That's the only thing I can think of which would cause your bid to not be in the eBay bid history and have gixen return a "bid under asking price" message. Mario will have to look at this one at the server level to see what technically happened.

Rick
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,

Your bid was 8.79 and this indeed looks like a bug on eBay's side. I could ask eBay to investigate this, but I'm not sure it will do any good.
Robertutk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Rick,

Your bid was 8.79 and this indeed looks like a bug on eBay's side. I could ask eBay to investigate this, but I'm not sure it will do any good.

Thanks for checking, Mario. It is not a big deal, but when I notice this again I will bump this thread with any further occurrences so any useful pattern might be found.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.