Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen is great! but...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TinMan0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:36 am    Post subject: Gixen is great! but... Reply with quote

I've been using Gixen on/off for a while now, and it's web portal, is old school now, but it keeps things snappy and why fix it if it ain't broke. But, this day in age, it's all about mobile devices and I'm pretty sure EVERYONE would like to be able to keep an eye on their snipes on the go, the auctions end at all times of the day and adjustments might be needed to get that winning bid. So I went and installed the Android app, and quite frankly I expected ALOT more. Not to discourage the developer, it's a good start but it doesn't look like it went anywhere after that. I read the thread from when it was fist suggested back in 2011 and the app does exactly what the developer said it would, but nothing more and nothing less. I would have thought that at least it would have had the same features as the website PLUS the search and snipe feature, which is so clunky to maneuver I grind my teeth trying to use it. BTW, I get a big warning when I install the app from the play store stating that it was written for and old version of android and it may not work. It still kinda works, but it's like nails of a chalk board trying to use it. The mobile website version of gixen is OK, and it'll do in a pinch, but there's no doubt, based on the Gixen Desktop app for windows that there are big advantages to having a natively running app.

Any chance there's some improvements coming for the android app?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.