Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

offset settings affected by eBay target site?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reflexor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: offset settings affected by eBay target site? Reply with quote

New to Gixen here (only a couple of days) and still playing around with the thing - excellent results so far!

Initial experiments and results with the main/mirror offsets proved a bit erratic but having taken note of posts by Cupid on the forum regarding eBay's incremental bidding rule, I changed my offsets from 3/3 on both servers to 7 main/8 mirror and then started winning!!

Got to thinking though, the Gixen snipes are running out of the Chicago main and Miami mirror servers and although there's a 'yes'no' option to automatically change eBay target sites if necessary from eBay.com to eBay.fr or eBay.pl (for example) in the settings, can someone please tell me if the offset times from the Gixen servers are affected by this - i.e. if Gixen snipes run out of US servers but a targetted auction item is ONLY listed on one of the eBay European sites, do the offset times need setting for an extra second or two to allow for a bounce across the Pond? Or could it be that servers are no longer steam-powered nowadays and it'd be unnecessary? Very Happy
Thanks in advance...
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually all Ebay servers are located in the US, even those ones that power the sites other than .com... so there's not much to be gained by considering when servers might be located further away, because in fact, they aren't.
reflexor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Actually all Ebay servers are located in the US, even those ones that power the sites other than .com... so there's not much to be gained by considering when servers might be located further away, because in fact, they aren't.

Ah, I didn't know that but thanks for answering that one! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.