Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

HELP ME understand INCREMENT NOT LOGIGAL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
willtrythis1st

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:36 am    Post subject: HELP ME understand INCREMENT NOT LOGIGAL Reply with quote

PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND HOW I lost the bid, using Gixen, on the item 193080263490
NO BIDDER CAN KNOW OF A SNIPE AMOUNT, that is the whole point of doing it ????
I planned for days, read the foum, let the 6 seconds following the sound advices of Mario and Mark
I know the other bidder was 5 higher than me, but HOW so ?
2 increments higher I do not understand – AUD, it was still not 250 AUD, so 2.5 increment ??
On Gixen I put first 327 to be SURE to win – then 4 hours before the end I thought,
What if one of the 12 watchers is as unreasonable as I am, I would have to spend that ! reduced to 273.8
Her bid 278.8 is in the last minute or so – if if was automatic, it would have been 2.5 more than me ?
Even manual, if 278.8 was entering her maximum bid, it would have been 2.5 more than me ?
WHO, at 220 starting price, would enter directly manually 278.8 and not a Max Bid ?
And why this 0.8 exactly like mine ?
I’ve bought about 60 items of this kind on ebay, rarely lost, recently discovered Gixen,
I simply should not have lowered my bid so drastically –
MY POINT IS : how can I know if 278.8 was her last price ???
If if has been increment I would say it was not and maybe she would have made me spend 327
If it’s no increment, only bad luck, then I’m cursing myself, for 5 more of course I could have topped this –
HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THIS 278.8 I’m so eager to know.
Kindest – Marie from France
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/bidding/automatic-bidding?id=4014

the bid increment is indeed 2.50 up to an auction price of 249.99 and since the price was 220 when your bid was placed that is the bid increment that would have applied to whether your bid was accepted or not. Your bid was the last to be placed, after the other bidder had submitted their maximum bid, a few seconds before yours was placed by Gixen.

However, above 250 the bid increment rises to 5, therefore since your bid was more than that (273.80) the price then rose above that amount... and the new bid increment then applies. Accordingly there is no indication that the winning bidders winning bid amount was their absolute maximum at exactly 5 more than yours, it could have been much higher than that, perhaps even more than the 327 that you decided was too high for you to bid, but they are only forced to pay one bid increment more than your bid, and in the range that the price rose to as a result of your bid that is 5 not 2.5.

Indeed the evidence confirms that the winning bidder had no knowledge that your bid was coming or the amount of it, but they were prepared to bid more than you, and most likely more than one bid increment more than you. In those circumstances the timing doesn't matter, the highest accepted bid always wins on Ebay.
willtrythis1st

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject: HELP ME understand INCREMENT NOT LOGIGAL Reply with quote

THANK YOU so much Mark

I knew the 2.5 becoming 5 but :
I thought the bid increment was for an universal amount decided in USD conversion !!!!

Even the last bid in AUD was NOT 250 USD that was my reasoning for 2.5
So it's only the NUMBER not the monetary value - makes sense after all
A number is relative but always absolute too (right, math teacher here ?)

Then no way to know the winner max bid, maybe way over what I would have accepted to pay.... and maybe not

I hate loosing an item because once I cannot have it, of course it seems so much more a must have at all costs....

But then, this item was a "may not send to France"
Usually I win the bid, then ask the seller for total invoice with sending costs,
which they do maybe for avoiding negative commentaries, or happy somebody put more,or to be fair....
Or sometimes they refuse because international sending is too much trouble for them or fearing a problem - I never complained to a seller and of course in those clothes returns are not accepted, so why not send international to the highest bidder ?

STRANGE FACT : ebay let me put a high bid on such a non international item, let me even win the auction, but NO WAY to Buy Now a non international item, on grounds "does not ship to your country"
Usually I send a message to the seller trying to make them change their settings with a good offer....

I won my first try here on Gixen (hence my pseudo)
GIXEN IS THE BEST SNIPING TOO
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR DEDICATION
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Increments are potentially different for each currency (and actually sometimes for each home site) and Ebay (and therefore Gixen) forces you to always bid in the currency of the auction, subject to the bid increments of the home site of the auction.

To find the increments for each currency you generally have to search the home Ebay site for the country that uses that currency.

Generally if you can search for and find an auction from your own home site you can usually bid on it, even if the seller has not set a shipping price to your country. When you start searching other countries home sites you get more problems with finding things that sellers do not wish to send to you, and having therfore decided to set their options to block all bids from international buyers. Consequently having to contact them to ask them to change their settings, as you describe. I gave up trying to do that several years ago as, for me, it was wasting too much of my time without achieving good results.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:53 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.