Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

ebay authorization expiration ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trokambule

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: ebay authorization expiration ?? Reply with quote

Hi from France

I have this messsage n my gixen page "Your ebay authorization has expired or expires in less than 10 days. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail. Your eBay authorization to Gixen has been revoked. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail."

I cannot find how to process to it, as my registartion is still ok.

anyone ?Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem
alfredvenison

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got that message too.
Just click on Settings to the right of where the red message appears.
Then click on the button in second section down.
You now log into ebay and click YES.

It does not mean your Gixen account is expired; it simply means you need to grant permission to ebay to allow Gixen access, I believe.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is really important to do. The worst case - ebay auth expires after you schedule a snipe but before auction ends.

There is no cost to do this, and is very straightforward.
dl_kuzara

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject: Token expired, wasn't warned, lost snipe Reply with quote

I reauthorized token per instructions but a heads up would have been nice. What is magical about Jan 15th?
Kid-jensen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject: Red message about expiration of mirror service Reply with quote

There are No settings to the right of the Red message...what do I do now?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, found it.....scrolled of the page...
stressreelief1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject: getting an error message when i authorize you to access Ebay Reply with quote

Mario , I am getting error message 1529 when i try to reauthorize your ability to access Ebay on my behalf . Thank you for your time , John
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Token expired, wasn't warned, lost snipe Reply with quote

dl_kuzara wrote:
What is magical about Jan 15th?

It is 18 months since you last authorised your Ebay account to do this, and Ebay chose to only allow authorisation to last that long.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stressreelief1 wrote:
error message 1529

I think it's worth you trying again. If it fails again then I suggest emailing Mario at the Support address given on the Contact tab above. Please include both your Gixen id and the Ebay id that you are attempting to re-link to it.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking at error 1529 some users are getting, added some additional debugging. Please try again now.
davidaedwards

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through the process to re-authorize (OAuth?) but my new bids are still failing with the token error...
Code:
Status (main): Auth token is invalid. Validation of the authentication token in API request failed.
Status (mirror): Auth token is invalid. Validation of the authentication token in API request failed.

I've rechecked my status and it tells me it's active.

Code:
eBay authorization token status: Active.
Your eBay authorization for eBay account <removed> expires on Sat, Jul 11, 2020.
rowannabobo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject: I don't have a Settings button in Gixen Reply with quote

When I log in to Gixen, I get the error"Your ebay authorization has expired or expires in less than 10 days. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail. Your eBay authorization to Gixen has been revoked. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail.

I don't see a Settings button anywhere. How to I re-link my ebay account to Gixen? I'm using Chrome and have also used IE and Firefox. I'm extremely frustrated. Is there another way to re-link my account to Gixen?
juangrande

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you log in to Gixen and arrive at your Gixen homepage, you should see the following "buttons" at the top of the page:

Code:

[Purge Completed]    [Import Watch list]    [History]    [Settings]      [Logout]
                     [Import Gixen list]

Clicking the [Settings] "button" will take you to your Settings page, and the eBay authorization section is the second section in your Settings page, just below the Mirror Subscription Status section.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Rickajho

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidaedwards wrote:
I went through the process to re-authorize (OAuth?) but my new bids are still failing with the token error...
Code:
Status (main): Auth token is invalid. Validation of the authentication token in API request failed.
Status (mirror): Auth token is invalid. Validation of the authentication token in API request failed.

Code:
Your eBay authorization for eBay account <removed> expires on Sat, Jul 11, 2020.

One reason could be that you first entered bids in gixen, and then reauthorized gixen with eBay. In that scenario your bids were set with your older eBay credentials. The cure should be to edit your bids - even if you don't change anything - and resave them in gixen. That, or delete the bids entirely and reenter them.

Rick
davidaedwards

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rickajho wrote:
davidaedwards wrote:
Code:

Code:

One reason could be that you first entered bids in gixen, and then reauthorized gixen with eBay. In that scenario your bids were set with your older eBay credentials. The cure should be to edit your bids - even if you don't change anything - and resave them in gixen. That, or delete the bids entirely and reenter them.

Rick

There were two bids I placed after I re-authorized. I'll recheck next time I make a bid.
cracklelady

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Error Message Reply with quote

alfredvenison wrote:
I got that message too.
Just click on Settings to the right of where the red message appears.
Then click on the button in second section down.
You now log into ebay and click YES.

It does not mean your Gixen account is expired; it simply means you need to grant permission to ebay to allow Gixen access, I believe.

Thank you! Your advice worked and I'm good to go.
davidaedwards

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the issues I saw above were from bids made with the new Chrome plug-in. Does to plug-in cache creds and need to be refreshed somehow?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidaedwards wrote:
I know the issues I saw above were from bids made with the new Chrome plug-in. Does to plug-in cache creds and need to be refreshed somehow?

The rest of this thread had nothing to do with any plug ins.

You can only update your Ebay authorisation by logging in here and using the link on the Settings page.
Styznip

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the process and agreed on eBay but then got his:

Could not confirm your account, activation link expired (3). Please repeat the signup procedure.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please complete the registration within 5 minutes, or the eBay session will expire.
MrAngry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject: Authorization Reply with quote

Do I have to authorize for .co.uk .com etc?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only need to authorise Gixen to be able to bid on your behalf once, from the Gixen Settings page, it then applies to auctions on all Ebay sites.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, Mark.
badnell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Already authorized Reply with quote

Quote:
When I log in to Gixen, I get the error"Your ebay authorization has expired or expires in less than 10 days. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail. Your eBay authorization to Gixen has been revoked. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail.

However, on the settings page it shows,

Your eBay authorization for eBay account u***0 expires on Wed, Jul 8, 2020.

which is correct, as I re-authorized in January, but bidding in February generates the warning still...
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That information was saved at the time authorization was renewed - it's not continuously checked. It's possible that authorization was revoked and Gixen still shows expiry date in the future.

This sometimes happens when users change their password.

So renew it anyway.
bri4jenn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Error: Auth token is hard expired Reply with quote

Is the settings button in Gixen or eBay. I only see a settings menu in Gixen and it just has username and password and Preference neither of which solves my problem.

Do I have to do anything wihin eBay.com to make Gixen work again?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using Gixen Desktop manager? You cannot renew your authorization from GDM, you have to log in to the web UI.
nickatchalkwell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: ebay authorization expiration ?? Reply with quote

Although my subscription expires 3rd March 2020 and seem to have full access to the service, I get a similar message to the originator of this topic highlighted in red, namely:

"Your ebay authorization has expired or expires in less than 10 days. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail."

It would be nice not to get this each time I sign in.

Thanks
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to renew your eBay authorization. This is a different thing than your mirror subscription. Log in to Gixen, click on the "Settings" button and then find the "Re-authorize Gixen on eBay" option.

If you don't do this, your snipes may start failing. This needs to be done once every 18 months or so - eBay requires it.
chrisluke440

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: EBAy Expired Reply with quote

I have the same message and I paid the fee and reauthorized my ebay access.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to pay a fee to do this, it does not cost you anything to authorise your account to Ebay.

So, if it has expired, for any reason, just authorise it again from the Settings page.

Removal of the authorisation can get triggered when you change your credentials on Ebay, you can also remove he authorisation from your Ebay account, you can only add it back via the Gixen settings page though.
pekka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a paid Gixen account and need to re-authorize every time I log into Gixen, even though in the settings it's saying the authorization is valid until next year.
Is there any way to find out what is going wrong?
juangrande

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...

Let's check if your eBay account shows the authorization: Log in to you eBay account and go to Settings --> Site Preferences. Look under Third-party authorizations. Is there a listing for Mario Vodopivec, and does the expiration match the one listed on your Gixen settings page?

If that all lines up, and you're still getting the error message, I would suggest emailing Mario directly at his Gixen support address, following the instructions on the Contact page. Be sure to include your Gixen username so that Mario can look up your account and investigate what's happening.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.