Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Can't log in - Login keeps saying \"please try again\

View previous topic :: View next topic  
khh2008

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Can't log in - Login keeps saying \"please try again\ Reply with quote

Last week I got "please try again" message when clicking on "Log in now". Eventually it worked and I was able to log in.
Today I'm trying again - and keep getting the same "please try again" message--on 2 different browsers. Although I rarely use Gixen, it's a time-centric app, and this seems quite unreliable.

Any tips? Alternatively, can someone provide the login URL in case that helps?
Thanks.
khh2018

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject: Found fix... Reply with quote

If you enter the wrong ID and password, it responds "please try again" - a message that led me looking for things to consider other than "wrong ID and password".

Most sites respond to that problem with some indication that the issue is about ID/Password accuracy...would help if Gixen could tweak that.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your suggestion may actually reduce the security of the site.

In my experience it is recommended that any site should respond with the same error message no matter what the problem with the credentials might be.

To do otherwise would potentially provide anyone trying to compromise those credentials with more information about what is and is not valid than they should be able to obtain from presenting invalid credentials.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.