Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

ebay authorization about to expire? Or not?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grizzlyanderson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject: ebay authorization about to expire? Or not? Reply with quote

I have this message on my account home:
Quote:
Your ebay authorization has expired or expires in less than 10 days. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail. Your eBay authorization to Gixen has been revoked. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail.

I have this message on the settings page
Quote:
Your eBay authorization for eBay account ****** expires on Sun, Dec 29, 2019.

I'm pretty sure that Dec 29 is not in the past and is a lot more than 10 days in the future. I can reset it anyway but the conflicting messages are confusing to say the least.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The message on the settings page is only updated when you renew the authorisation.

It now seems that there are other things (other than just the passage of 18 months time) that cause the authorization to get revoked by Ebay, things like changing your credentials seem to trigger it. This will be the reason for the mismatch; Ebay will have indicated that your authorisation has expired, when there was interaction between Gixen and Ebay about an existing or potential snipe that you have set up, so you do need to update it.

As you say, it costs nothing, so when this happens it's best just to update it as indicated on the snipes page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.