Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Seller does not provide shipping to the country or region

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sniperx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject: Seller does not provide shipping to the country or region Reply with quote

I received a notice of failure last evening, for a reason which I have not had previously.
"Item cannot be purchased. Seller does not provide shipping to the country or region of your primary shipping address."
Item 303233815116

It is factually correct that my primary shipping address is not in US, however, I do have a secondary address in US where I would have shipped item. I was not given the option.
I have bid on listings with similar conditions in past, and not had this issue until now.
Is this a new policy relating to international (non-US) buyers?
I mean accounts not registered in US?

Further, why would the snipe have been accepted in the first place, without vetting the listing for eligibility?

Thanks for insights which you can provide.
juangrande

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the listing, the seller of this item set the following shipping exclusions:

Shipping to: United States

Excludes: US Protectorates, Africa, Asia, Central America and Caribbean, Europe, Middle East, Greenland, Mexico, Canada, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Bermuda, Oceania, Southeast Asia, South America

I can't verify that you were previously able to bid successfully on listings with similar exclusions. However, you could avoid this in the future by setting your primary shipping address for purchases on eBay to be the correct one at the time Gixen sends your bid.

To do this, (1) log in to your eBay account, (2) go to your Account Settings, (3) choose Addresses, and (3) change your primary shipping address for purchases.

These instructions can also be found on eBay's Changing the address on your eBay account page.

Another strategy you could employ to avoid this is to make an early manual bid to see if it goes through (and if it doesn't, you'll have time to fix the problem before the auction closes).

At the risk of pointing out something you already know: When your bid is sent during the last few seconds of an auction, there is no time to correct this sort of problem between the time your bid is sent and the auction closes.

All Gixen does is place your bid. Gixen has no way to verify ahead of time whether or not your bid meets any seller exclusions. The responsibility for doing that rests on the bidder.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please also note that there is a difference between not specifying a shipping cost to a region and specifically excluding that region from bidding.

In the first instance bids are still allowed and you sort out the shipping cost after the auction, including potentially shipping to a different address that did originally have a shipping price set in any case. It's most likely that auctions you have been able to win in the past were just lacking these details of the shipping cost to your primary shipping address, and were not actually subject to bidding restrictions set by the seller.

In the second case your bid is rejected by Ebay, and this is what happened here.

An alternative way around this when you have multiple different shipping addresses in different areas is to set up different Ebay accounts for each and use those accounts accordingly for bidding. You would however also need to set up multiple Gixen accounts to handle these accounts.
sniperx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the replies with specifics.

Yes I am aware of why the bid failed this time, but on previous occasions it was not clear why there was no failure.
The explanations provided probably account for that.
Since the institution of the GSP things have become more complicated for international buyers, despite the couple of good points it features.

Although cumbersome it seems the best workaround is to set primary address to suit the given listing restrictions.

A second account could be a viable option, but not my first choice.
Since selling on Ebay is a fool's errand I mostly use my account for purchasing now.

I will calibrate my expectations accordingly.
Gixen remains a valuable tool.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:55 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.