Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

eBay Connect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naughtymonkey6

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: eBay Connect Reply with quote

Suggested question:

Why does eBay almost always remove a negative feedback left for a seller by a buyer?

It creates an entirely false buying experience, and is clearly designed to create flase additional confidence on the part of buyers.
desmondo

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion: Get eBay to allow searches to easily filter out price ranges. Unscrupulous sellers now include a spurious cheap option (eg. a $1 cable) so that they get to the top when you sort by price. Their item now appears as $1 - $100 say. So it's next to impossible to tell what the actual price is unless you click on each individual item. Not cool.
mboyden

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: eBay Connect: Guaranteed Shipping Reply with quote

eBay allows sellers to create a label and consider it shipped, and then the shipper actually takes it to the USPS several days later, and counts it in the guaranteed ship by X days. Frustrating. Especially when the seller says will ship within 24 hours and then it takes 3-4 days.

I also like desmondo's suggestion about spurious pricing ranges. Takes too much time to filter out those idiots to find the one you want to actually work with at a good price.
juangrande

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to see eBay implement better rules and/or countermeasures against bid shielding. We have seen some outrageous examples of this discussed on this forum.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Austenite

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject: Suggestion for ebay - Buyer % feedback left Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

Suggestion for eBay, from a seller and a buyer.

As a seller, I am pushed to meet all sorts of performance criteria, and work hard to make sure I meet them all and have 100% positive feedback..... from the few buyers who bother to leave feedback.

There's no pressure on buyers to leave feedback, and help filter the good sellers from the bad. My suggestion: Next to your feedback score, display a second figure which shows the percentage of purchases for which the buyer has left feedback. In a tool-tip, have short text explaining why leaving feedback is critical to the buyer experience on eBay.

This doesn't force buyers to do anything, but it does show them their own percentage and encourages them to leave feedback.

If eBay wanted to use "nudging", the tooltip text could also include the average percentage rate of feedback leaving buy other eBayers in your country.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juangrande wrote:
I would really like to see eBay implement better rules and/or countermeasures against bid shielding. We have seen some outrageous examples of this discussed on this forum.

I agree John - in fact this doesn't seem to be difficult to do programmatically at all. Not sure why it's not done.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Suggestion for ebay - Buyer % feedback left Reply with quote

Austenite wrote:
There's no pressure on buyers to leave feedback, and help filter the good sellers from the bad. My suggestion: Next to your feedback score, display a second figure which shows the percentage of purchases for which the buyer has left feedback. In a tool-tip, have short text explaining why leaving feedback is critical to the buyer experience on eBay.

Now imagine if, in addition to this, sellers would be able to add this percentage as a filter who they accept bids from.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

desmondo wrote:
My suggestion: Get eBay to allow searches to easily filter out price ranges. Unscrupulous sellers now include a spurious cheap option (eg. a $1 cable) so that they get to the top when you sort by price. Their item now appears as $1 - $100 say. So it's next to impossible to tell what the actual price is unless you click on each individual item. Not cool.

Good suggestion - adding this to the list of questions.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: eBay Connect: Guaranteed Shipping Reply with quote

mboyden wrote:
eBay allows sellers to create a label and consider it shipped, and then the shipper actually takes it to the USPS several days later, and counts it in the guaranteed ship by X days.

Not sure I understood this - what do you mean by "counts it in the guaranteed ship by X days."? Can you give me an example?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: eBay Connect Reply with quote

Naughtymonkey6 wrote:

Why does eBay almost always remove a negative feedback left for a seller by a buyer?

Good point - I'll check the rules about that.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: eBay Connect: Guaranteed Shipping Reply with quote

mario wrote:
mboyden wrote:
eBay allows sellers to create a label and consider it shipped, and then the shipper actually takes it to the USPS several days later, and counts it in the guaranteed ship by X days.

Not sure I understood this - what do you mean by "counts it in the guaranteed ship by X days."? Can you give me an example?

My interpretation is that if you purchase postage via their service Ebay automatically marks the item shipped at that point and therefore allows the seller to easily meet the requirement to ship things promptly.

Of course making it a further manual operation that the seller has to perform, after they have actually posted the item is still open to abuse, because sellers might still indicate they have sent things that they have not yet presented to USPS, but they would have to explicitly lie as opposed to getting away with the lack of a requirement to do this and buyers would have more justification for complaining, perhaps even via feedback, if sellers were to do that.

For tracked items, I imagine the suggestion is that the item only be marked as shipped on Ebay when that tracking indicates that the item is in the hands of the carrier, I don't think that would be too difficult for Ebay to implement since they already appear to monitor tracking in terms of items getting delivered.
Blagbox

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: eBay Connect Reply with quote

Naughtymonkey6 wrote:
Suggested question:

It creates an entirely false buying experience, and is clearly designed to create flase additional confidence on the part of buyers.

I'd say the opposite is true. eBay rarely removes negative feedback unless there's been a dispute or the feedback included a profanity..

As a reasonably large volume Seller (usually 150+ items per month) I find that some Buyers will leave Neutral or Negative feedback for the slightest reason. I've had buyers give neg feedback when they've clearly not read the item details (eg a Region 3 Korean DVD clearly described as such, with close up photos of the coding info on cover described as 'unplayable' in UK - Region 2), or complaints that something has taken 4 days to arrive when it was clearly described as 2nd Class post (and Free!).

I would like SELLERS be able to give NEGATIVE or NEUTRAL feedback to Buyers under certain circumstances. I've had buyers return a VERY GOOD disc as faulty, but they've returned a DIFFERENT copy of the same title. My discs are security marked with UV pen so I know when this happens. TWICE in 10 days by one scammer! I couldn't leave Neg feedback as such but I did warn others in the text of my 'positive' feedback, and was contacted by another Seller who was having the same problem with THE SAME BUYER!! 😡

Ebay is greatly biased towards the BUYER, many of whom are scammers, such as claiming discs have never arrived, then listing them for sale themselves. 😡, or returning allegedly 'faulty' Xbox games after 3 weeks (having played them to death), which play perfectly upon return.

I stress the vast majority of Buyers are fine, but eBay does nothing to expose the rogue ones.
skskarda

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: eBay Connect Reply with quote

Hi Mario! I wouldn't expect you to remember me but I sat next to you at the first Ebay Connect conference in June 2017. I still use the Gixen pen you gave me. Smile Unfortunately, I am not a large developer so I have not been invited in 2019.

I do have a question though that I would love to hear eBay Developement team address. In June of 2017, they said that the new retail model selling API's would work with the web user interface. However, that never happened. Today, any listings built with the new retail model API's can't be edited by sellers using the normal seller hub or web interface on ebay.com. This makes it really hard for anyone to use an application built on the retail model API's since no seller wants to lose access to editing listings the normal way through eBay.com when they need to make adjustments to the listings. I'd love to hear why their road map on this changed and if they plan to put effort against this again in the future. Thanks!

Steve
Parts Rescue
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, I do remember you!

I made a note, I will ask this question. I did not know this - so what you are saying is that you can't edit a listing through eBay.com that was created by using eBay's API? Never?
Ritter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: eBay connect Reply with quote

Hi Mario,
has eBay connect already taken place?
I can't find your mail about it and there's no date to be found in the web.
There are a few things I don't like with eBay - I think they they make the buying and selling experience more bad every year!
Some examples:
- as a private seller I don't get the Mailadress of the buyer any longer - so I'm not able to contact him and send him some advices directly, only via the eBay-system (and that is strictly restricted).
- I miss the possibility to leave a negative feedback for a buyer. I don't know why they cancelled this, and I hope they add new features for leaving a feedback (for example the opportunity to give 1 of 5 stars for the communication or for the payment moral additional to a positive or neutral rating) also for a buyer. These days a buyer asked two days after having won the auction if I had already sent the item (I surely did not have: it took further two weeks until I received his payment, required to send the item).
- when I print a shipping label via the eBay system eBay sets the item as shipped - but sometimes it takes several days til the buyer pays. Often these buyers ask why they don't receive their item „I“ set as „shipped“ …
Perhaps you can tell them about these subjects?
(Thanks for your support in winning my auctions - and sorry for my bad English!)
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a copy of the contents of the email for those that didn't see it or can't find it any more:

mario wrote:
eBay Connect 2019, an annual eBay developer conference, will be held June 25-26, in San Jose. Gixen is invited.

This is an opportunity to learn not only about the technology, but also about the overall eBay direction. Last year, it was all about Product-based shopping experience (PBSE). This made me enthusiastic about introducing "product sniping", but nothing ever came out of it, as eBay's product catalog never became of sufficient quality. I intend to ask why.

Other changes that were announced and implemented in 2018 by eBay were, in my opinion, very successful, such as three-day guaranteed shipping, especially while Amazon's Logistics shipping turned out to be anything but guaranteed in the past year. Other existing features, e.g. seller feedback, became increasingly important with increased fraud incidence, a feature that Amazon never had.

Please send me your suggestions and questions, preferably by using Gixen forum. I will do my best to obtain answers to them.

Mario (Gixen operator).

StephenPaulMeek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: eBay Connect: Guaranteed Shipping Reply with quote

I have an eBay store. eBay rates me on when the carrier acknowledges receipt of an item, not when I print a shipping label.

mboyden wrote:
eBay allows sellers to create a label and consider it shipped, and then the shipper actually takes it to the USPS several days later, and counts it in the guaranteed ship by X days. Frustrating. Especially when the seller says will ship within 24 hours and then it takes 3-4 days.

I also like desmondo's suggestion about spurious pricing ranges. Takes too much time to filter out those idiots to find the one you want to actually work with at a good price.
Quote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.