Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Auto-generating items to bid on?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bay925

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject: Auto-generating items to bid on? Reply with quote

I usually bid on around 10 items to insure that I win one item. I group them together, so I only get one winning bid. Life is good, and it works very nicely. Thanks Mario!

But GENERATING which items to bid on in the first place takes so LONG! Is there anyway to automate getting a list of items - such as pink pencils- into a list of maybe 10 items, and say - I want to win one pink pencil - I want to spend up to $22.50 taxed and shipped, and automatically reduce my bid price by the shipping (and tax) price so that I spend up to $22.50 on an all-in basis, and enter the bids into Gixen directly for me to save me all the bidding entry time? Then I can delete any item that I might choose to disqualify that I decide I don't really want in Gixen.

I guess I am looking to make it way quicker and easier to get my initial bids into Gixen much more quickly, especially for high-volume, low-price bids.

I use Windows 10 and/or iOS.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not one for just asking for the easy stuff, are you ? Shocked Laughing

To be honest, I don't think the amount of use this would get could justify the amount of work involved. It would also mean replicating some features that are available on the Ebay site itself, like searching and grouping items together into lists.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that the things were going this way with the eBay's product-based shopping experience (PBSE), and that this would ultimately result in "product sniping" (e.g. you specify the item, and when it shows up on eBay, Gixen buys it automatically using "buy-it-now"), but eBay's catalog is still not in good-enough shape for this - e.g. accessory has the same product id as the main item.
edmcman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
I thought that the things were going this way with the eBay's product-based shopping experience (PBSE), and that this would ultimately result in "product sniping" (e.g. you specify the item, and when it shows up on eBay, Gixen buys it automatically using "buy-it-now"), but eBay's catalog is still not in good-enough shape for this - e.g. accessory has the same product id as the main item.

I too spend a lot of time finding items like this. Maybe there could be a semi-automated approach for this, where Gixen lists items in the product id and the user can just check the ones he/she is interested in. This would still be a huge time saver for me.

P.S. I think this is the first time I am posting. I use the service a lot and it's great, thank you Mario!
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:55 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.