Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

How did eBay know how much my max Gixen bid was?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donosp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject: How did eBay know how much my max Gixen bid was? Reply with quote

eBay item # 264293119943

New user.

I won my first auction, so no complaint on that.

But when I went on eBay to pay, I saw that eBay knew what my maximum bid was... How would they know that?

I did not inform eBay of that in any way, and I did not use eBay's proxy bidding process.

Just curious.

Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The winning bid amount of US $11.50 is visible because the next highest bid was US $11.00 and that is how Ebay works.

No matter when your bid is submitted the Ebay proxy bidding system applies. The fact that you used Gixen to submit that bid just changes the time at which the bid was placed to be just before the auction end so that no other buyer had a chance to react and place another bid.
ralphpickering

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - in the final moments of the auction Gixen places a bid for your maximum amount. Ebay doesn't know it before then, but it would be reflected in the auction bid record. Other bidders won't see it - they'll see the sale price. Your actual winning bid is an increment above the next highest bidder's bid as Cupid mentioned regarding the proxy bid process, which means you won't over-pay just because Ebay might know you'd have been willing to pay more. The increments do get bigger the higher the auction value, so while $0.50 might be the increment in a low value auction, if the final value was $5,000, the increment would be $100 I believe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.