Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Refreshing Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davethediver1968

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Refreshing Page Reply with quote

How do I refresh the information on my bidding page without logging out and then logging back in? I have read the forum posts and seen a reference to a refresh page button but couldn't find one on the page (other than the circular arrow at the top of the page). When I click on the circular arrow refresh button, I get a data error message and need to log out and then log back in.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just click on "Add" button with all fields left empty.
GPSpilot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject: Refreshing Page Reply with quote

Regarding the suggestion to "click Add with all fields empty,"
    • It's not at all intuitive. For every user like me who took the trouble to go to the Forum, and had the search skills to find this thread, there are probably 400 users who will never find out how to refresh their Gixen Scheduled bids page.

• You have to go through the 60-second countdown again after clicking Add.
So, why the resistance to adding a simple Refresh button, which would make life easier for all users?

Some people probably would like to have a Refresh button so they can watch the price go up. That's not my motivation. My motivation is that the Time to End is accurate only when the page is first loaded. As time goes by, it becomes less and less accurate. A Refresh button would allow me to see an accurate value of Time to End.

Thanks
GPSpilot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Refreshing Page Reply with quote

Also, using Gixen Desktop Manager is not an option for those of use who run Linux, Mac, or anything other than Windows. So a Refresh button would be the only way to go.

P.S. Is it possible to log in to the Forum? I see Username and Password fields at the top of the page, along with a Log in Now button, but if I log in and return to the Forum, those things are still at the top of the page.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Refreshing Page

Rickajho

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As has been said many times, the purpose of gixen is to place snipe bids in the last seconds of an auction. It is not a real time monitoring service. Mario has said it would take waaaay too much overhead for the gixen web based pages to update eBay information in real time. Even if you refresh the page that does not guarantee the gixen servers are going to give you most recent data from eBay on current bids, more likely the info from the last time gixen collected the information.

The only options right now are Gixen Desktop where you can set the refresh rate and the work is being done by your own computer, not the gixen servers. And if you can't run Gixen Desktop then loading the auction pages from Ebay.

Login here is solely for the purpose of accessing your gixen account and has no bearing on the forum. However if you log in and then click on the Community tab you will be logged out of your gixen account. If you want to avoid that right click on the Community tab and open it in another tab/window on your browser.

Rick
GPSpilot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject: Refreshing Page Reply with quote

Rickajho wrote:
As has been said many times, the purpose of gixen is to place snipe bids in the last seconds of an auction. It is not a real time monitoring service. Mario has said it would take waaaay too much overhead...

Ok... well I am new to the forum. But I will stop clamoring for a Refresh button.

Since I'd like to see Time to End count down toward zero with reasonable accuracy, it just occurred to me, there's probably a way to do that without touching eBay's servers. You get the Time to End once (as Gixen is already doing), then run some kind of countdown timer javascript. (I am not a web developer, just speculating on what's possible.)

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.