Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Current-bid Display Difference

View previous topic :: View next topic  
minimalbob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject: Current-bid Display Difference Reply with quote

Noticed current bid on 113672600401 as shown on Ebay is $248.50, but Gixen shows it as 245.02. Refreshing my Gixen page does not eliminate the difference.
minimalbob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Current-bid Display Difference Reply with quote

minimalbob wrote:
Noticed current bid on 113672600401 as shown on Ebay is $248.50, but Gixen shows it as 245.02. Refreshing my Gixen page does not eliminate the difference.

Just added $3 to my Gixen bid and Modified (making the Gixen bid 253.00). Resulting Gixen screen then showed the correct current bid ($248.5) along with the new Gixen bid. I am not yet using Gixen Mirror.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is normal operation on Gixen, price updates are not real time, to make them so would take up far too many resources on the Gixen servers for minimal gain since your snipe amount should not be affected by what others bid before the auction ends.

This was the primary driver for the development of he Gixen Desktop Manager, which allows you to tailor the price update schedule, using your own resources, for those that want to monitor auction prices more closely as auctions proceed.
minimalbob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Current-bid Display Difference Reply with quote

minimalbob wrote:
minimalbob wrote:

Just added $3 to my Gixen bid and Modified (making the Gixen bid 253.00). Resulting Gixen screen then showed the correct current bid ($248.5) along with the new Gixen bid. I am not yet using Gixen Mirror.

Also, I notice Gixen bids are sometimes shown as scheduled and having a current high bid that is "in the money", when the item has actually been sold as a "Buy it Now" transaction (e.g. Item 372618802475 at 10:57 am on 3/7/19). This is not a refresh problem.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Current-bid Display Difference

Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it can also take a long time for Gixen to recognise an auction having ended early.
minimalbob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject: Current-bid Display Difference Reply with quote

Understood.
Two things I think would be useful:

Gixen could display the ending date and time rather than (or as well as) the time remaining), because that does not normally change and so does not need to be refreshed. Seller name would be useful too if there is room.

Gixen could allow E-bay cards to be used when paying for Gixen Mirror on PayPal. If not doable directly, it could be done by selling chunks and non-renewing subscriptions on E-bay (maybe adding a dollar or so to the price to cover the extra transaction costs).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.