Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen current price not the same as ebay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donly1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Gixen current price not the same as ebay Reply with quote

Hello,

As the title says, gixen is not showing the correct current price on several items.

For example:

id: 183565004267
ebay current bid: 195
gixen current bid info: 132

My max bid has already been outbid but got no update from gixen.
celes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Gixen price lags Ebay price by days Reply with quote

Same problem experienced.
Example: Item 254008170365 price shown is $8.50 (as at 01:00H GMT).

On Ebay it has been over $100 for a while.

I am using Gixen's subscription service.
ricardo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: no updates prices Reply with quote

The same happens to me. When login in GIXEN to review the course ofthe auctions, no updated bids form current EBAY auctions are seen. Just the frozen prices, when the GIXEn bid was inserted.

For example in items

it happens for all my bids.

Higly risk of loosing auctions because not being awared of outbiding.

This GIXEN info is very usefful to have a quick look of how auctions are going,instead of watchng in EBAY one by one every single item

best regards
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price updates on the Gixen website are not real time, it can take several hours for it to update after auction prices have changed.

That has been the case for many years, the resources required to implement a real time update would be far too expensive for anyone to accept.

It shouldn't affect how much you are willing to pay and hence the price you enter on Gixen in any case, but I know for many it does if they are not as aware as perhaps I would advise them to be of actual values of the things they take an interest in.

If it's something that is important to you then I recommend the use of the Gixen Desktop Manager since that uses your own computers resources in order to update the prices on the auctions you have snipes scheduled for.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:31 am    Post subject:

Celes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Gixen prices lag Ebay prices Reply with quote

Thanks Cupid.

I would accept several hours lag for the reasons you state, but several days seems a bit over-the-top.

The item I mentioned above lags price updates by about three days.

Most of my Gixen experience over the last year has been to see price updates within a few hours, exactly as per your explanation.

So what is happening when prices do not update for multiple days ?
rex

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Current Bid Price Not Working Reply with quote

I am having the same problem. All of my bids are only showing the starting bid of the auctions. And I have over 100 bids stretching back 10 days. There must be a glitch in code to where it is reading the starting price of the auctions and not the current price of the auctions.
And at this moment I can not even log it just keeps timing out.
Any update would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's taking many days I would agree there is likely something going wrong with the Gixen software.

Mario is the only one that can investigate that and in order to focus his attention on this, I would recommend contacting him directly at the support address given on the Contact tab, above.

Currently active examples are what Mario generally needs to be able to investigate and fix issues.

Last edited by Cupid on Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please check again, it should be working fine now.
unitedeurope007

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:55 am    Post subject: Snipes do not show correct end price Reply with quote

I have a similar issue: Completed snipes do not show the end price, but price of the time the snipe was entered.
example: 173721955165
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Snipes do not show correct end price Reply with quote

unitedeurope007 wrote:
I have a similar issue: Completed snipes do not show the end price, but price of the time the snipe was entered.
example: 173721955165

Was a snipe bid placed on this item, if not what was the status that Gixen gave the snipe after it had completed ?

The reason I ask is because I think it's possible that the processing to pick up the final price may not currently be being triggered in all circumstances.

The earlier part of this thread was concerned with the periodic updates to prices before the end of the auction... the retrieval of the final price is performed by a completely different area of the processing, I believe.
FreedomRydr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject: Gixen Update Delays Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Price updates on the Gixen website are not real time, it can take several hours for it to update after auction prices have changed.

So far, 12 hours and 5 additional bids not counted.

Cupid wrote:
If it's something that is important to you then I recommend the use of the Gixen Desktop Manager since that uses your own computer's resources in order to update the prices on the auctions you have snipes scheduled for.

Sorry, not so. I use the desktop app and it is even slower than the website! Still 12 hours behind eBay. Item number irrelevant as it happens with all listed items. Shouldn't the 'refresh' button update immediately? Rolling Eyes
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The browsers refresh button here on the website doesn't trigger Gixen to refer back to Ebay for prices. If it did that you'd find the resources required to do that would make the website completely unusable. It was tried many many years ago when there were far fewer users than there are now, it won't be tried again.

This is the main reason for the Gixen Desktop app being developed in the first place, since that uses your own resources in order to retrieve current prices directly from Ebay. If it's not doing that then it isn't working properly, you can configure how often the Desktop App goes back to check Ebay for prices.

The refresh button in the App goes back to Gixen to check on the status of snipes, its also likely to pick up the Gixen servers last update of the price which depending on the time left on the auction could indeed be up to a day behind the actual price. So perhaps you are pushing that refresh button too often, because it isn't doing what you think it is. The price refresh happens automatically at the interval you configure it to, after the Gixen refresh that you have triggered by pushing that button.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.