Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

I won with maximum bid, the previous bid was much lower

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamia22

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: I won with maximum bid, the previous bid was much lower Reply with quote

Hello! First of all, thanks for Gixen:) Please help me, my maximum bid was ÂGBP 120,99 I won the auction with ÂGBP 120 (buy it now price) the second highest bid was ÂGBP 70. Can you explain me what happened? Of course I am OK with this price as well, but can’t understand why the difference is so high.. Anyway I am a Mirror subscriber..Thank you Smile
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please can you tell us the auction number, without that it's very hard to say for sure.

My best guess at this point is that perhaps the seller had a reserve on the auction of 120.

Unless you examine the bid page after the auction has completed you also can't be sure that the second highest bid was actually 70, it might have been much higher than that if you are just looking at what the price was before your bid was placed. This is because Ebay doesn't display any more of a maximum bid than is necessary, until it's outbid.

Last edited by Cupid on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:17 am; edited 2 times in total
lamia22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: I won with maximum bid, the previous bid was much lower Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply. Item number is 264176934223 , but I think you’re right about the reserved price as I also thought. (According to the bidding history there were only 4 bids and 2nd highest was 70.) Anyway I’m impressed about Gixen, always get great deals.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there was a reserve.

If you look on the bidding page near the top below 'Winning bid: ÂGBP 120.00' it says 'Reserve met', that's how you can tell.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

lamia22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: I won with maximum bid, the previous bid was much lower Reply with quote

Thanks for taking time Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.